USMC Alternative colour scheme

Mr Evil

Mongoose
ok at MGP ACTA tourney today i snaped some pics of these possable alternative colour scheme test done for the USMC

had to take the pics on my phone due to GF using camera today.

1st up
this is the wave 3 on sale plus some books on the day.
DSC00047.jpg

ok and now the USMC

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

matt said they were done as a test, and there is a possability of them being done like that in the future (FAR)....

any way thought id share

I much prefer that camo to the current version

Real World Question: Aren't the US now just using the one camo pattern regardless of theatre though?

Nice, except if MP were doing their research, and I hope they do, they'd know that modern day marine vests ALWAYS remain tan brown in any enviroment no matter what camo is underneath. It's only the uniform underneath the vest that changes colors.

I hope the make DESERT BRIT camo as well.

emperorpenguin said:

Real World Question: Aren't the US now just using the one camo pattern regardless of theatre though?

Yes, it's called ACU - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

Great, our drug dealer comes up with a new and improved batch.
Sorry we only have so much money. :roll:

well from what i got the factory did them and sent them to mongoose.

as for a tan mid section, not scientific but when tried on the paintball pitch you recieve alot more hits as the human eye is adapted to see the colour tan when looking for people.

still i thought they were nice and as nobody else seemed to bother taking pics at salute i thought id grab these for you guys.

as for the acta ship, no idea but yes it is huge.

Yup its the Neroon and it looks bloody HUGE!!!!

I like the new camo on the infantry but not so sure about the vehicles.... it looks like someone has actually puked over the tanks to me... and I still don't like the Shadows, but then I think they just look pants anyway.

Was the standard of the 3rd wave stuff anything like that of the USMC mini's as the modeling on them looks great :).

Armchair_Marine said:
emperorpenguin said:

Yes, it's called ACU - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

ACU is being used by the US Army. The USMC uses MARPAT, which comes in two versions, desert and woodland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT

I am sure if they had to fight a war in artic conditions they would soon get a sutable camo, and the same goes for any other climate / terrain, they would have to be unbelievably stupid not to.

but the thinking behind ACU was that it designed in such a way to blend into many different terrain types. It also doesn't feature black because it is rarely found in nature supposedly

cordas said:
I am sure if they had to fight a war in artic conditions they would soon get a sutable camo, and the same goes for any other climate / terrain, they would have to be unbelievably stupid not to.

Having a camo scheme is one thing, actually getting it to the front line quite another - MARPAT has been distributed to pretty much all frontline USMC units by now, but up until late 2006 or so you could find many cominations of MARPAT, DCU, ERDL, and even the odd bit of "chocolate chip", in combination with flat brown and olive drab.

emperorpenguin said:
but the thinking behind ACU was that it designed in such a way to blend into many different terrain types. It also doesn't feature black because it is rarely found in nature supposedly

There is another reason not to use black anymore. It shows up like all get out in nightvision. Hence you are going to start seeing a change in all the M-16 and M-4 furniture out there to olive or tan.

The nightvision thing wasn't an issue, but the baddies are starting to get some 2nd gen stuff themselves now...

-V

Back