Unscientific Gut Feeling Feedback on EDG Worldgen

EDG said:
captainjack23 said:
EDG said:
I'm sure that a few hundred people would be more than enough to run a Type C, but I think it's too small a population for the planet to generally warrant having a type C starport in the first place. I'd say you'd need a minimum population of 3 (a few thousand) to warrant it's existence.

Actually, It would be helpful if you could clarify what you feel does warrant a starport of various types. Might put your discussion in better context, at least.

I did. See:
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=483390#483390 , in your own "broken world frequencies" thread (I posted my results for the CT, EDG, and MGT runs too).

But to list the starport limits again here:

Starport A: Pop 7+ and/or Tech 9+
Starport B: Pop 5+ and/or Tech 7+
Starport C: Pop 3+ and/or Tech 4+
Starport D: Pop 1+ and/or Tech 4+
Starport E: Any Pop and/or any Tech
Starport X: Any Pop and/or Tech 8-

Well, I mean more in terms of what it was for, but a repeat of the EDG criterea will do.

So, in lieu of other explanation, your view of what warrants a starport seems to be exclusively determined by the inhabitants of the world it is on. A service model, and thus similar to a commercial airport.

captainjack23 said:
So, in lieu of other explanation, your view of what warrants a starport seems to be exclusively determined by the inhabitants of the world it is on. A service model, and thus similar to a commercial airport.

Pretty much. Though for smaller starports (C-E) I am sympathetic to the argument that they can just be service stations on the way to somewhere else.

Back