Twilight: 2000 & 2300AD Come to Mongoose

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We are both very happy and proud to announce that Twilight: 2000 and 2300AD have been acquired in their entirety by Mongoose Publishing, joining our library of games alongside Traveller.

All three are games I read and played as a teenager, and so it is both awesome and humbling to become their stewards.

So, what does this mean?

Twilight: 2000
Twilight: 2000 is currently published by the frankly stellar people at Free League. We have had conversations with them and not only will Twilight: 2000 continue to be published by Free League for the current licence period, as things stand we have every expectation it will stay in their capable hands beyond that.

2300AD
You will be seeing more 2300AD material coming in the near future, and we have manuscripts due for both Invasion and a brand new book of adventures. In addition, we will be bringing 2300AD to the TAS programme on Drivethru, likely within the next few months - so get writing! Classic Traveller will be appearing on TAS within the next month or so, and once that is up and running we will get cracking on 2300AD.

At the moment, past editions of both Twilight: 2000 and 2300AD are available on Drivethru (https://legacy.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/45/) and will soon be appearing on our website. Of course, Free League have the current edition of Twilight: 2000 (https://freeleaguepublishing.com/games/twilight-2000/ - seriously, check them out, they have done excellent work)!

In addition, both 2300AD and Twilight: 2000 have been added to the Fair Use Policy (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...2300AD_Twilight_2000_Fair_Use_Policy_2024.pdf).

That covers our immediate plans for both games, but both properties clearly have immense potential and we hope to be able to bring you more news in the near future.

If you have any questions, you would be welcome to post them here!

Does that include the draft pentapod campaign book that is on the 2300 cd from Marc?

Any chance that an enterprising fellow could use it to complete the manuscript and then get it to publication status?

I currently publish a free T2K fanzine on DriveThruRpg that is a compilation of my own work and other authors dedicated to classic T2K ie all versions before V4. Do I now need to go thru Mongoose to publish it and how would I do so? Would it continue to be published on drivethru or would new versions (working on Volume 8 now) be published on Mongoose from now on? I am also the author of the canon East Africa Kenya Sourcebook for V2.2 that was published by Marc on DriveThru and I do publish new material for that area thru the fanzine as well. Need to discuss how the fanzine will continue in the future with Mongoose.

Matt,

With the new boilerplate:
The Twilight: 2000 game in all forms is owned by
Mongoose Publishing. Copyright 1984 - 2024 Mongoose
Publishing."
How does that change with the Twilight 2000 Workshop stuff?

Last edited:
Hi Matt. This is a happy surprise for sure! As a community content creator, I use the T2K world for much of my work. How with this change our future work with Community Content and what does this mean for my previous work as well. Thank you for your time.
Jim.

Hi Matt. This is a happy surprise for sure! As a community content creator, I use the T2K world for much of my work. How with this change our future work with Community Content and what does this mean for my previous work as well. Thank you for your time.
You mean with Free League's community programme? No change at all :)

Does this mean that we will hopefully get a T2K version based on the current character generation or even a near future (Armor XXI) RPG.

Hi, I am also a Twilight 2000 content creator. I run the 500 Miles to the German Border blog. And I'm working on a Virginia sourcebook for an older game version.

I am wondering when a new disclaimer will come out. I want to make sure I stay in compliance with such policies.

EDIT: It seems I answered my question! Also, I am trying to add a link to my blog in this post, but I cannot seem to do so as the forum software is tagging it as "spam or inappropriate?"

Last edited:
Back