Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

I like the idea of the Library Data mentioned above.

I’d also like to have a source book based on the institutions within the traveller universe that you come across whilst adventuring - megacorporations, IISS operations, naval intelligence etc. Especially as at some point the FFW is likely to occur

Back to the "Future of Traveller" I had my niece and nephew roll up a Traveller characters (they are in their 20s). They enjoyed it! The lack of "point buy" or customization that most TTRPGs or Video Games was noted but I did show them the Optional Rules. My nephew even played a short campaign and he had a good time. I'm thinking of offering a game at the local game store for their TTRPG night this summer. Having a more robust future for Traveller is, if possible, getting out there and offering the chance for those younger to play.

Also, more "actual play" games with some theater/voice actor/YouTube personalities like they did at Glass Cannon is a way to reach a wider and younger audience. Many younger gamers like watching or just listening to these games, like some of my generation used to watch sports. Hence the rise in "E-Sports" and the proliferation of actual play TTRPGs.

Last edited:
What I'd most appreciate is 2300 AD products that have more of the applicable core rules included. I hesitate to purchase general Traveller books since I'm new to the game and don't want to do all the mental gymnastics of overlaying a 2300 template on top of each paragraph I read. For example, someone mentioned rules for refueling at a gas giant. In general this sounds like a bad idea but does it go from a bad idea to actually impossible in 2300? I don't know.

It's one of the reasons I suggested a technology book - generic but with guidelines on existing settings,

2300AD is TL12 - but with no gravitics, no jump drive and nods towards thermodynamics
Third Imperium is TL0 -> TL16 - it includes the above, there is no need to worry about thermodynamics, but no stutterwarp

AN INDEX for all content. I'm not a big Traveller player but one thing from GDW days still appears today. There's shit all over the place, races here, ships there etc. I think it would be of interest to GM's and players that Mongoose ran a online index of all content, that listed things like Races, Ships, Animals, equipment etc so when they produce content it is listed in this central index. Every time you produce content you just add the stuff showing the reference book and page. It could inadvertently form a sort of monster manual for the animals as well (something that's missing).

Different sort of request: I would dearly love the trade paperbacks to have titles on the spines.

I wondered about the Fifth Frontier War project.
It'd be interesting to have a book outlining the impact of the War, not just in the Marches, but the adjoining sectors and even as far as the Hierate, Vergr Extents and, of course, the Zhodani Consulate.
Things like intersystem mail issues, supply issues, trade disruption, rising crime levels, and random things like disease outbreaks, rising crime levels, organised crime having to take over basic functions such as the aforementioned mail and supply chains, and so on.
All the plot hooks a Referee could want to rope in the Travellers.

One thing that i realy ned as a GM is a book of NPC/Enemies/critters
something like (for example):
Glorious Empire Raider
Glorious Empire Commander
Glorious Empire Scout

Highport Security Guard, TL 12
HighPort Security Guard TL14
Highport Clerck
Highport Company man

Scout Corp Pilot
Scout Corp Explorer

Imperial Agent : Assassin
Imperial Agent: Tax Collector

GEDECo Killer
Gedeco Guard

Typical Aslan Raiding PArty

etc.etc.etc.
everyone with Tipical Gear and equipment.
something like a /sorry) "Monster Manual"
so i can have some ready made profiles to trhow in if i need...

Glorious Empire Raider
Glorious Empire Scout

See p. 39-44 of The Glorious Empire. That what you're looking for?

Glorious Empire Raider
Glorious Empire Scout

Highport Security Guard, TL 12
HighPort Security Guard TL14
Highport Clerck
Highport Company man

Scout Corp Pilot
Scout Corp Explorer

Imperial Agent : Assassin
Imperial Agent: Tax Collector

GEDECo Killer
Gedeco Guard

etc.etc.etc.
everyone with Tipical Gear and equipment.
something like a /sorry) "Monster Manual"
so i can have some ready made profiles to trhow in if i need...
That is part of the fun for me as a GM.
I make a bunch of those as part of the prep before Session Zero/One

More careers! The old Air Force and Sea Navy for a start. Some kind of Emergency Services perhaps, "Thunderbirds are go".
Possibly even Engineer as a career too, not just under the umbrella of civilian or armed services support.
Not just for player but to suggest interesting NPCs too.

More careers! The old Air Force and Sea Navy for a start. Some kind of Emergency Services perhaps, "Thunderbirds are go".
Possibly even Engineer as a career too, not just under the umbrella of civilian or armed services support.
Something like the Classic Traveller Supplement 4: Citizens of the Imperium.

I made a version of this as a paramilitary service based on the Scouts and inspired by the 2000 film Supernova. There were in-system rescue, planetary rescue and then deep-space recovery.

How about a book on future history in Traveller?
Six major turning points in history, presented as adventures where the Travellers can become central to determining the course of the future history of the Imperium.
Examples: First Contact between the Imperium and the Zhodani Consulate; the outbreak of the Fifth Frontier War; a major plague (as in disease, not that damned Virus nonsense) beginning in the middle of the Imperium; the Chamax Plague hits Regina; an archaeologist makes a historical discovery about Empress Arbellatra which could throw everything they know about Imperial history into disarray; and the Duke of Ilelish turns up in the Spinward Marches.
In case you're wondering why the latter is important ... the title "Duke of Ilelish" is currently held by one Emperor Strephon ...

Back