Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

There is that odd skip from jump factor one to two, between technological levels nine and eleven.

Yes it is a bit odd. I attributed to TL 10 being about refinement of gravity control and somehow this being necessary to be able to access the higher Jump space levels. Each higher Jump ability is more than just pumping more fuel/energy for another 1 parsec/week. I forget where but some source said that each increment in Jump is essentially as much a breakthrough as Jump 0 to Jump 1. Maybe TL 10 is just being able to realise that higher Jump levels are possible and that Jump 1 is not all there is.

Last edited:
GURPS introduced jump factor/zero, so I tend to think it would be a trade off with a prototype drive in Mongoose.

Being distinct from just choosing to navigate to less than three and a quarter light years.

How about supplements for High Guard, Vehicle Handbook and Central Supply Catalog. They don't need to be full blown books but they can contain the cream of the crop from the other Traveller books and Journals. What's more you can do additional supplements when there is enough material.

A bit like an equipment centered JTAS?

Generic sci fi, Third Imperium, 2300AD, to include Robots, Vehicles, Ships, weapons, equipment

• More ships; for different alien races and different size categories
  • Florian League
  • Religions in Charted Space: different churches, cults and sects
  • Collections of animals for different sectors; ie. Animals of Spinward Marches
  • New book on Belters
  • A book on Primordials and other older races
  • Adventures in the Beyond sector
  • A Hiver campaign
  • A Rebellion sourcebook with different options for playing through the rebellion and how it ends
  • Book on Gvurrdon and Tuglikki sectors for some Vargr adventuring
  • A book on Ziafrplians and Tienspenevkr sectors for some Zhodani adventuring
  • A book on Leonidae and Extolian sectors for some Hiver adventuring

There's lots of things that I would love to have. But I think the thing that would get the most use would be a bestiary full of entries like the ones in JTAS. And not like the old Animals supplement that was mostly just pre rolled numbers. I can produce numbers myself. But the rest, particularly art, is not so easy.

A bit like an equipment centered JTAS?
Yes. There is many great ideas scattered through the various books such as the underwater option for starships from one of the journals and the water filled vessels for aquatic aliens from the Solomani Front book. It would nice if they were in one place.

One thing I've never seen explored meaningfully in a Traveller work: a book about the Long Night. We've seen official Traveller campaigns set in Milieu 1100, Milieu 0, the Interstellar Wars period, Rebellion/Hard Times and New Era, with a few intriguing peeks at the Civil War and the Solomani Rim War, but what about exploring the thousand year blank spot in the history of Charted Space?

Want to have a post-apocalyptic game in a setting that's bleak but maybe a little less depressing than the dead worlds of Traveller TNE? Want a sandbox where you can kind of make whatever large-scale changes you want because it's safe to assume that nobody will remember it by the time the Imperium comes around in a thousand years? Battle with the rising power of alien cultures and other former Imperial regions for control of the last surviving warships left over from the Interstellar Wars to protect your protectorate from piracy? How about a Solomani-centric campaign that still has traces of the cultures (or even nations) we're familiar with on 21st Century Earth (basically Traveller:2300 with Aslan instead of Kafers)? Want to experiment with divergent technologies, or reduce the player's safety net of TL-15 goodies and Imperial fleets? How about a campaign set during the rule of the Reavers of Reaver's Deep or the Sky Raiders, or the pre-Maghiz Darrian empire and their TL-16 toys when they were fresh out of the quantum replicator? Speaking of which, who knows how many other short-lived post-Ziru Sirka civilizations reached unexpected peaks during a millennium-long Imperial interregnum, subsequently lost to the tides of a galactic dark age?

That's what the setting of the Long Night has to offer.

Last edited:
One thing I've never seen explored meaningfully in a Traveller work: a book about the Long Night. We've seen official Traveller campaigns set in Milieu 1100, Milieu 0, the Interstellar Wars period, Rebellion/Hard Times and New Era, with a few intriguing peaks at the Civil War and the Solomani Rim War, but what about exploring the thousand year blank spot in the history of Charted Space?
Also a chance to find remnant pocket empires of rebel Vilani that escaped both Imperiums.

Definitely need a new Pocket Empires book first then. The utility of such a book would be useful in multiple eras.

I believe Matt talked about Astroid Mining book as part of a line for Merchant Prince. Not sure how related that would be for Belters though

Free standing sector maps free of the source books. We have worn out out Referees Trojan Reach map playing Drinax, and I'd like to get him a replacement without buying the whole set :) Maybe print on demand?

Free standing sector maps free of the source books. We have worn out out Referees Trojan Reach map playing Drinax, and I'd like to get him a replacement without buying the whole set :) Maybe print on demand?
Some 1st edition sector maps are available on DriveThruRPG.

You'll have the PoD sector maps on PDF. Maybe you could take them to a printer's shop and pay them to print them? Quite some time ago, I used a programme to split a sector map over a series of A4 files. Can't remember what it was called, though.

Thanks for that. I turned your index into a two page PDF (see attached file). Is it OK for me to put it on my Google Drive, for future reference?

Attachments

• irb-jtas-1-6.pdf
    291.1 KB · Views: 9
Back