Traveller SRD pdf

DirkD

Mongoose
I made a pdf-version of the Traveller srd and it is available for download at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=df80ebd80a43cdcad2db6fb9a8902bda

If you spot any errors/make a comment/ask a question, you can email me (address is in the pdf) or use this thread.

Btw, if you want to make a link to the pdf it is best to link to this thread. If I upload a new version, the mediafire-download-link will change since they have no update function (or I am to stupid to find it).

No problem, I wanted to have the srd in LaTeX-format anyway.

The layout is changed now. It is closer to the mongoose layout (line & chaptername in the header, paragraphs in noindent with parskips, slanted sectionheads).

I've been getting a "no servers are currently available with the requested Data on them." error all morning. Is something up, or does the site just hate me?

-John

jbuckmaster said:
I've been getting a "no servers are currently available with the requested Data on them." error all morning. Is something up, or does the site just hate me?

-John

Never had that problem before, maybe they are doing maintenance or something. The file was downloaded 27 times since yesterday, so it should be available sometimes...

That's the old version though, right?

I mean, you say that the PDF is verison 1.0 but I seem to remember 3.2 or something like that up on the website a while ago.

Do we know when the official final version will be posted by Mongoose?

Finarvyn said:
That's the old version though, right?

I mean, you say that the PDF is verison 1.0 but I seem to remember 3.2 or something like that up on the website a while ago.
I think you're getting the *playtest* rules files (which *did* go up to v 3.2) confused with the SRD, which is not the same thing. At the moment, the SRD is only at v 1.0 and the pdf being referred to in this thread is the SRD that has been smartened up (and very nicely, too, I must say!).

There was a new version of the original SRD, but I don't know if there were any changes except the declaration as open content... At first glance, I didn't see anything different, so there weren't any changes in my document.

If you spot any changes, mail them to me or post them in this thread and I will include them.

Gruffty the Hiver said:
I think you're getting the *playtest* rules files (which *did* go up to v 3.2) confused with the SRD, which is not the same thing. At the moment, the SRD is only at v 1.0 and the pdf being referred to in this thread is the SRD that has been smartened up (and very nicely, too, I must say!).
Indeed, sir, you would be correct. I was looking at playtest docs.

Other than this PDF (which is quite nice, I should add) is the SRD officially posted anywhere?

Thanks! Totally missed it there. :oops:

I guess I sort of assumed there would be something that said "download SRD here"; that kind of thing.

Back