Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

Excellent news, and it's not as if we were lacking excellent books to enjoy and have fun in our Traveller games.
I've already told you that I love Traveller, and every new supplement or redesign of the first books released only confirms it.

Thank you

What happened to the 5th Frontier War event that was being discussed a while ago? A merchant crew trying to get by in the middle of a war sounds like a really great campaign frame.

shammond42 said:
What happened to the 5th Frontier War event that was being discussed a while ago? A merchant crew trying to get by in the middle of a war sounds like a really great campaign frame.

Couple of projects managed to get in the way of it, but we are still looking very much at the FFW!

This thread is great - but I'm never sure what has changed from post to post. Can I suggest a last updated date somewhere in the OP and maybe even a change log, something at the bottom like:

Last updated June 6th:

- Added X
- Changed release date for Y

With updates pertaining just to the most recent edit. This would be really helpful and hopefully not too much extra work.

J

Is the Great Rift out in print? Or is it in the black hole that international shipping and printing resides? It is not listed in either of the release schedules. I have it on order. Have the PDF. The physical says it is unfulfilled.

Psyched for Mysteries of the Ancients/Wrath of the Ancients. I'd already started trying to stitch Shadows, Twilight's Peak and Research Station Gamma together into something more coherent. I guess I can just wait now.

John

Last edited:
Psyched for Mysteries of the Ancients/Wrath of the Ancients. I'd already started trying to stitch Shadows, Twilight's Peak and Research Station Gamma together into something more coherent. I guess I can just wait now.
I really like the idea of xenoarchaeology. So much of it in classic sci-fi writing and movies and bits and pieces in Traveller lore. I would love more sourcebooks on xenoarchaeology sites, methods, and especially artifacts. How about a book on artifacts alone similar to the supply catalog?

While I am looking forward to the expansion of the Ancients series it has long been something that bugs me - not every ancient alien ruin is the Ancients.

In the Spinward Marches there was a civilisation of aliens thousands of years ago that left ruins all over the place, the shriekers may well have once been starfaring and left evidence of their culture. Then we have the aliens behind the Shadows 'temple'...

Last edited:
While I am looking forward to the expansion of the Ancients series it has long been something that bugs me - not every ancient alien ruin is the Ancients.

In the Spinward Marches there was a civilisation of alyenes thousands of years ago that left ruins all over the place, the shriekers may well have once been starfaring and left evidence of their culture. Then we have the aliens behind the Shadows 'temple'...
Then you can add in all the prvious colonations efforts that may have failed, and human just generally being stupid and blowing ourselves up, and finally things like natural disasters that forced mass evacuation.

Matt,
Can you tease us with a more precise ETA on the High Guard 2022 pdf please?
v/r
feld

Last edited:
Back