Traveller Fiction - Night of the Dragon by David Guymer

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
A brand new Traveller story has just been released, Night of the Dragon by David Guymer.

You can find it right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/night-of-the-dragon

nightdragon.jpg

When the crew of the Rake discover a centuries-old Drinaxian warship drifting across the outskirts of the sparsely populated Vume system, Suyosa is determined to strip the derelict and sell it to the highest bidder. But the wreck offers up an even more tantalising prize in the form of a genetically sealed vault that only their reluctant medic, Anjali, has the means to open.

With the ship coming apart around them and hidden enemies closing in, it falls on the Rake’s youngest crewmember to save the day. Will Suyosa and her crew finally make the score they have been chasing after? Or will they be left with nothing once again?

There is no MOBI file, only the epub file. Kindle app isn't picking the book up from the folder.

There is no MOBI file, only the epub file. Kindle app isn't picking the book up from the folder.
Hmmm, Calibre says it is in both. Maybe try renaming the file extension to .mobi? Alternately, try converting the file with Calibre to Mobi (free program).

Hmmm, Calibre says it is in both. Maybe try renaming the file extension to .mobi? Alternately, try converting the file with Calibre to Mobi (free program).
Tried changing the extension. No joy. I really shouldn't have to use another program to convert the file, it is advertised as coming in epub, mobi, and pdf.

Tried changing the extension. No joy. I really shouldn't have to use another program to convert the file, it is advertised as coming in epub, mobi, and pdf.
Yeah, should have two separate files, one for each type. Shall have to see what Mongoose can do.

The download opened normally on my Scribe.

I download, drag to the Send to Kindle page, and presto it is there.

Did you download from the Mongoose store here?

My file says Night of the Dragon - MOBI, EPUB.epub and shows on my files list as an epub file.

Also the PDF, but that is separate.

The download opened normally on my Scribe.

I download, drag to the Send to Kindle page, and presto it is there.

Did you download from the Mongoose store here?

My file says Night of the Dragon - MOBI, EPUB.epub and shows on my files list as an epub file.

Also the PDF, but that is separate.
Yes, I downloaded it from here. The epub file does not show up in the Kindle App on my Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra after copying it into the Books folder. All the other files, do show up. I had to convert the file with Calibre, which I should not have to do.

Agreed you should not need to use Calibre.

Did you try the Send to Kindle page on Amazon? Perhaps it is a case of that converting the file if needed.

I bought it from drivethru. I got a pdf and a second file called "Night_of_the_Dragon_-_MOBI_EPUB.epub". MOBI_EPUB sorta sounds like something went wrong...

I think there is a third story coming out. I like the idea of the Travellers in this group, I wonder how/where they will be traveling to?

FFW?

I was disappointed. I expected a story whereas this is just the introduction to one. I would be very interested in the full novel or novella. It is also not really a short story, it's not self contained enough, so it's a first chapter.

As such it is very over priced. Indeed I feel it barely justifies a charge at all and should be free. Or ask Mr Guymer to write the rest, he has enough experience of writing full books.

Back