Traveller Developer's Pack

Alan Hume said:
but then I can never download signs and portents
either, it just comes out all gobblidigook

(a) try right-clicking the link and saving it on your desktop, and opening it from there.
(b) uninstall your current version of Adobe Acrobat and download the latest one, or download Foxit PDF Reader 2.3 (from here.

As these requests keep getting buried, and in light of point 2 in another one of Matt's posts elsewhere, I'd like to reiterate a request to include the alternate drive options from TMB in the SRD. I know it's not really necessary unless you actually want to reprint the SRD rules for creating such ships, because the words "warp", "teleport" and "hyperdrive" are not copyrighted. But it would make things simple for everyone concerned, and encourage a wider spread of the Traveller name into other setting possibilities.

I don't think we actually need the space opera or hard SF world generation options in the SRD (again, unless you want to reprint those SRD rules in your product), as the SRD is only concerned with terminology - a third party publisher can create worlds in any way they want, as long ast they're presented in the right terms.

Vile said:
As these requests keep getting buried, and in light of point 2 in another one of Matt's posts elsewhere, I'd like to reiterate a request to include the alternate drive options from TMB in the SRD. I know it's not really necessary unless you actually want to reprint the SRD rules for creating such ships, because the words "warp", "teleport" and "hyperdrive" are not copyrighted. But it would make things simple for everyone concerned, and encourage a wider spread of the Traveller name into other setting possibilities.
The things I'd really like to have in OGL are a few bits of Mercenary: the new skills (so that we could, for example publish bows and say they use the Mercenary skills) and the terms themselves from the ticket generation system (so that 3rd-party publishers could publish mercenary tickets).

Back