Traveller CRPG?

ottarrus

Emperor Mongoose
So is there a Traveller CRPG in development anywhere?
I've heard some muffled rumors of maybe something, but that could just be the voice in my head that wants a solid 'Baldur's Gate' style party CRPG set in the Traveller universe.
Thoughts?

Business case for development costs, price range, and likely number of unit sales.

I don't think punters will appreciate micro transactions.

Business case for development costs, price range, and likely number of unit sales.

I don't think punters will appreciate micro transactions.
CRPGs are generally single player and not the same as an MMORPG. As such, they don't have micro transactions. With the exception of DLC, they're a one and done purchase.

So is there a Traveller CRPG in development anywhere?
I've heard some muffled rumors of maybe something, but that could just be the voice in my head that wants a solid 'Baldur's Gate' style party CRPG set in the Traveller universe.
Thoughts?
Just fan stuff.

While it is not set in the Traveller universe nor is it 2D6 based, try looking up Stellar Tactics on Steam or GOG or Humble. It hit the spot for me.

I haven't seen it in the wild in decades, but Universe II was a decent sim of the Free Trader life. There was clearly a larger game involving a hunt for an Ancient artifact but I could never get it to progress.

I've heard some muffled rumors of maybe something...
I think the Russian outfit that made Pathfinder games teased the upcoming CRPG port of a SciFi TTRPG and some people reckoned it could be Traveller but it turned out to be something else (Starfinder?) instead.

Yep. That's where Owlcat went.
This is somewhat annoying because Chaosium's Runequest property is getting a computer game and I would think that Traveller has at least RQ's size of an audience.

I’d live to see a well done one for sure. Still miffed that Paranoia didn’t get released. I’m actually watching a play thru of the old mega traveller Zhodani conspiracy on YouTube at the moment.

Back