Traveller Adventures in Print & Pre-Order High Guard

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Big news in the universe of Traveller today. First up, the first two adventures (High and Dry, and Marooned on Marduk) are now both available in print!

These are both full colour adventures, set in the Spinward Marches and Trojan Reach respectively and both written by fan-favourite M J Dougherty, that will serve as fantastic introductions to the new edition of Traveller.

In addition, pre-orders have just opened up for High Guard, the next major supplement for the new Traveller. Presented as a full colour hardback, High Guard is a major expansion to the Traveller roleplaying game, enabling you to design, build and fly spacecraft of all types found throughout the galaxy. You will find rules to modify existing ships, design high performance space superiority flyers, and construct the largest capital ships to travel the space lanes.

High Guard will appear in print in September but you can reserve your copy now, as well as grab both of the new adventures (and see the rest of the growing Traveller range) at: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/traveller-1.html

arcador said:
Nice!

.pdf ETA?

Around the end of the month, maybe a tad earlier - we are going through all the graphical bits and pieces right now. This might be the best looking Traveller book to date (aiming to beat CSC!).

arcador said:
(hopefully, you addressed issues from the playtest as well!)

We did indeed, and you can expect to see a fair bit more content in the final book than was present in the playtest (such as a complete guide on creating your own deck plans!).

mancerbear said:
No free PDF with the pre-order of High Guard, Matt?

There is indeed, just drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com after you order, and I will sort it out!

Ordered the adventures, will wait and read the reviews on the High Guard release before making a decision on that.

It took reading the reviews here before I relented and bought a copy of Traveller 2e so buying the adventures is a big deal to me!

So how do Travellers across the pond in the US pre-order HG when the Mongoose website only shows prices in British pounds? In other words, how do we handle currency conversion?

SSWarlock said:
So how do Travellers across the pond in the US pre-order HG when the Mongoose website show prices in British pounds? In other words, how do we handle currency conversion?
If you're paying with paypal it should do it for you, shouldn't it?

Given what just happened to the pound I imagine it'll be pretty economical at the moment too,

GarethL said:

Given what just happened to the pound I imagine it'll be pretty economical at the moment too,
Doh! Completely forgot about using Paypal. I'll research their website for info regarding if/how they handle currency conversion. Thanks for the idea!

SSWarlock said:
GarethL said:

Doh! Completely forgot about using Paypal. I'll research their website for info regarding if/how they handle currency conversion. Thanks for the idea!

I make all my purchases from Mongoose through paypal, and I'm from Australia. They do all the conversion work for you. All you need is to have the money either in paypal or your attached bank account.

msprange said:
mancerbear said:
No free PDF with the pre-order of High Guard, Matt?

There is indeed, just drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com after you order, and I will sort it out!

Heyas

I pre-ordered both the Central Supply Catalogue and High Guard... saw no info anywhere on a free pre-order pdf of CSC which I ended up purchasing through DriveThruRPG along with new Traveller.

Would it be possible to get a free pdf of High Guard as above? And any idea of release date? I'm prepping a new Traveller campaign and seriously need this book to sort out the players' ship as the new ship construction rules/costs seem notably different to the old rules (atm it looks like they'll be using a modified Fast Trader, type A3, which isn't in the new book and the costs for the Far and Free Traders seem notably lower than in the old Traveller book).

Good work on new Traveller btw - seems streamlined from what I've seen so far. :)

Thanks

FentonGib said:
Would it be possible to get a free pdf of High Guard as above? And any idea of release date? I'm prepping a new Traveller campaign and seriously need this book to sort out the players' ship as the new ship construction rules/costs seem notably different to the old rules (atm it looks like they'll be using a modified Fast Trader, type A3, which isn't in the new book and the costs for the Far and Free Traders seem notably lower than in the old Traveller book).

Indeed, if you have ordered High Guard, drop me a line (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com) and we'll sort you out as soon as the PDF is ready (not too long now!).

Anyone else checking the forums constantly for the release? So very excited for this!! Our weekly game is tomorrow now, my group and I are loving this version of Traveller. We are all completely new.

Back