Traveler Artist looking for feedback

rogue_artist said:
Wow, I havent heard of hardly any of those. Ill do a google search.

I did that prior to my suggestion...there is unfortunately not much. So let me know if your searches are any better. Essentially, I would look into Solomani & Aslan, selected Travellers Digest.

Kieths are everywhere in ct.

Only just noticed this thread. i should watch the forums more closely hehe.

So The revamp of Traveller has been my only Art Commision so far for Mongoose (excluding the Hunters of Granbretan Cover) and coming from a very artistic background i had to impress right? :)

To be honest all the artwork didnt come out as great as i had hoped and with time restraints i couldnt be as hard as i would have liked but in all honesty i had around 10 artists to choose from and Jasons was definatley the best suited for character portraits and turned out to be the best improvements to the original artwork..

I think i mentioned this to him already but i do prefer the art he did for me over the work he is doing for Nick but that just shows Jasons talent for different styles and of course mine and Nicks different Artistic tastes hehe

Anyway Jason has a great style and very clean lines, with a bit more refinement i personnally can see him going far.

If i personnally can be critical... Sometimes the heads can be a little oversized, not often but occasionally.

Thats my only criticism hehe

Long may Jason continue to provide Artistic Flair to Mongoose Products.

Mongoose_Will said:
If i personnally can be critical... Sometimes the heads can be a little oversized, not often but occasionally.

Thats my only criticism hehe

Long may Jason continue to provide Artistic Flair to Mongoose Products.

Hi Will!!! :D Please do be critical, it is what the thread is for.

I agree, I also noticed the heads were getting a bit "bobble-head-ish" ;) You should see the original illus of the Engineer. I actually shrunk her head after scanning.

oops, maybe I shouldn't have let that be known :) But hey, I can be taught right?

God willing, I will praise each day I continue to work with you and Nick. I'm telling you, Ive worked with some real psychos in the past. Its so extremely pleasant to work with you two!!

Mongoose_Will said:
Hehe safe to say i will make sure to push you harder for the next project i'm given.

:)

ah..well.... I dont know if I could do another string of 40 illus in 9 days... lol I was more than half off my rocker after that!

10 in a week or so keeps me frosty without needing elector-shock afterward ;) LOL

Wasnt sure That was enogh for you i hear real Illustrators hit 80-100 in 7 days.

oh well maybe that rocket will be useful when you make it big time :)

in all seriousness i challenge anyone who can find an Illustrator that can match Jasons quality to quantity ratio.

it was something quite impressive to be honest :)

40 in 9 days is a great turnover! There are great artists, but great artists who can hit deadlines like that are the ones that earn the dosh. Bravo again, sir! :)

hhawk said:
rogue_artist said:
Not being defensive, here; just asking for honesty. Does my art offend??

http://www.rogue-artist.com/gallery_pages/Schollar-Fiel.html

I am still trying figure what academic department I will run into this lady at my university. :D Maybe she is a field researcher or something? I have seen some undergrads dressed like that before, but never one of my colleagues. :p

Obviously a third or fourth year Grad student or Junior Faculty (non tenured) deep in a study jag, likely heading to the kitchen to grab food at (local equiv) of four am, aware that the roomate may also be up. So she threw on whatever.

rogue_artist said:
Not being defensive, here; just asking for honesty. Does my art offend??
if http://www.rogue-artist.com/gallery_pages/Schollar-Fiel.html is yours, no, I don't find it offensive. I just plain don't like anything I saw except the medieval pencil work, but none of it is offensive. One piece comes close, tho...

The frontispiece illo is not proportioned well, IMO, and on top of that is unattractive, and while not offensive, per se, is more risque than I care for in game rules. I don't like the showing underwear, and I don't like the large and pendulous breasts in the manner presented. Her head is too large for everything but the breasts.

Back