Tower of the Elephant

munin

Mongoose
Any news on this adventure? Do we know if it's still on schedule for a September release?

Thanks!

Always check here first: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/news/news.php

The guys in charge at Mongoose don't seem to read individual threads so look on the boards first. Also, check their forum: Announcements and Release Dates.

I know that it is VERY close to release. Don't worry, it's an excellent version of the classic story.

Sam

Samvail1 said:
I know that it is VERY close to release. Don't worry, it's an excellent version of the classic story.

Sam
Especially if we are given the characteristics of Yara the priest. Until now we had all the great sorcerers of the hyborian age excepted Yara and Pelias.

Samvail1 said:
Don't worry, it's an excellent version of the classic story.

Just one problem: my players are CONAN-fans, i.e. they have already read the story... :cry:

René said:
Just one problem: my players are CONAN-fans, i.e. they have already read the story... :cry:

It won't matter. They will still find it a challenge, even if they know the story.

Sam

René said:
Samvail1 said:
Don't worry, it's an excellent version of the classic story.

Jeez, I've heard so many people whine about "my players know the story" for Conan-story-based adventures, but if such is a concern, just add in a few twists or don't buy it!

slaughterj said:
Jeez, I've heard so many people whine about "my players know the story" for Conan-story-based adventures, but if such is a concern, just add in a few twists or don't buy it!

Thanks for your advice!

The whining little boy.

I see that it's on the new release page, but does anyone know if it's hit store shelves yet?

If you hadn't noticed, I can't wait for this one!

munin said:
I see that it's on the new release page, but does anyone know if it's hit store shelves yet?

My favourite online store doesn't list it as available and this shop was always one of the first in the past.

Strom said:
Will this be a pdf adventure only?

Look at it on the product page here:
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1034&qsSeries=

I assume at some point you CAN buy it as a pdf from some online stores, but it's being marketed as a paperback booklet like "Tales of the Black Kingdoms".

I haven't looked at the GURPS game, but the TSR game of Conan had the adventure for Tower of the Elephant in the boxed set, so it's been done at least once before. I'm pretty sure this release will be much much more detailed than TSR's release.

I surprised at the price - $9.99. Granted it's only 32 pages but that's a great deal if you ask me. 8)

munin said:

Yeah, I just looked for Mongoose's announcements after checking store sites and not finding anything.

Gotta remember to check Announcements and Release Dates where Mongoose announces what's just come out.

Hope this helps, and hope I remember to look before scanning store web pages for 10 minutes next time.... :lol:

Strom said:
I surprised at the price - $9.99. Granted it's only 32 pages but that's a great deal if you ask me. 8)
It's far cheaper than the 8-pages adventures initially published in pdf format.

if as good as tales then its a steal :wink: really want this one to as a rule this close to birthday and christmas everything goes on the wish list but am breaking my own rules for a module from my favorite company based on my favourite conan tale :D

Back