today we lost richard biggs

Poi

Mongoose
I know it's not RPG, but fans will want to know this. I picked it up from jmsnews.com.

Subject: today we lost richard biggs
To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Date: 5/22/2004 4:43:05 PM

I was awakened today with several phone calls from cast members and Doug to
pass along the terrible news that this morning, Richard Biggs passed away.

We're still gathering information, so take none of this as firm word, but what
seems to have happened, happened quickly. He woke up, got up out of bed...and
went down. The paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an aneurysm or
a massive stroke.

His family members have been informed, and all of the the cast have, as far as
we can determine, also been informed.

This is a terrible loss for all of us. Richard was a consummate professional
but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy. If he gave you his word
on something, you never had to wonder about it afterward. He was always
helpful and supportive of all the cast, even those who only came in for one
episode, always with a ready smile and determined to do whatever it took to
make the scene work. He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and everyone here
is just devastated at the news.

More word as this develops. We may try to have some kind of fund raiser to
help give whatever assistance may be helpful for his kids.

We all miss him terribly.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

<also stunned>

When I read this all I could think was . . no way.

I met Richard once at a signing in Glasgow, a few years ago now. He was very friendly to me and my friends. Signed lots of my stuff, thanks to my friends helping me get round the 2 items per person rule imposed by the shop, not Richard. He even wrote down an e-mail adress for me to get in touch about interviewing him for my university sci-fi club magazine. I never did get in touch about that, I was too overawed by meeting him (I was very fanboy in those days). I think I even gave him a sample of Irn-Bru, a Scottish fizzy drink that they don't get in the US but it had become a personal tradition to try and introduce the stars of B5 who came to Glasgow autograph signings to it. I'll never know if he liked it now.

I still have his autographs and the e-mail addy (well he did write it down himself) framed along with all my other B5 autographs.

Like August said,

We'll miss you Richard.

Lastbesthope

I also met him once at a convention in London.

This is bad news. My prayers go out to his family.

holy cow..... and he wasnt that old.. what was he in his mid 30's he couldnt be much older then that...... unfortunatly I never had the pleasure to meet him.... but i do agree he will be missed....

Agreed. Many prayers go out to his family and friends in this time of loss.

Folks, please take this lesson away from this tragedy: Life only carries one guarantee; it ends. Treasure every day you get and don't put off until tomorrow anything you would not wish to leave unfinished. You never know when you might not get the chance to do so.

I met Richard several times and he was always friendly and polite. My wife and I even had the extreme pleasure of going to dinner with him after a convention- a memory we treasure now even more than we did. I wish his family all the best and I know that wherever he is now, it's become a much better place for him being there.

Take care all,
-August

Amen to that August.... it realy is soo true.. Life is Fragile and Precious.... live it to the fullest..... you dont know when itll end.... this is profe of that.... I also wish the best for hRichard Bigg's Family...

I have to agree with you all. He will be missed. I wish I had a chance to meet him in person before he left us.

Try to bring to mind that as we mourn his loss, remember the bits that made you smile, laugh, or cry and he will forever be a part of you. Carry him in your hearts and never will he be forgotten.

Any word on where condolences or donations to a favorite fund can be sent to?

If he had a particular charity or outreach type organization he liked, I'd like to send a small donation in his memory.....

I had the pleasure of meeting the man at a number of conventions, and he was always a popular and memorable guest.

Apart from being full of energy on stage, he was always gracious to the fans and made a lot of time for them.

He will be very greatly missed and I wish the very best to his family at this very sad time.

DW

For those of you wanting to know about memorials, etc. There's some info over at www.isnnews.net There are several options to choose from.

Undoubtedly, Mr. Biggs' presence will be missed by us all.

Messages of support for the family and friends can be posted here.

http://www.thegalacticgateway.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=6703fa41ce7834d407d93a5d21bca494

Back