Time for another random poll (Favourite Raid Ship)

What is your favourite (in gaming temrs) Raid level ship?

• EA Chronos Frigate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EA Nova

• Minbari Tigara

• Centauri Sullust

• Narn Dag'Kar

• Vorlon Destroyer

• Shadow Scout

• ISA Whitestar

• Other (say what and why)

• Total voters
Sulust. Totally CAFable, good size, ridiculous range, vile firepower for the price. Interceptors are just icing.

Would've chosen the Targrath, but the tourney downgrade was done in the wrong way to my tastes.

Shadow Scout :
Stealth, Fast, SM, Excellent Weapon (for a Scout) esp. against White Stars, and they look scary...

Drakh Light Cruiser. Hull 5 not fantastic, but coupled with the GEG, doesn't fare too badly. Also, the main gun has less range than a Sullust, but the Preccise trait makes it way better. Also, a weapon in every arc always helps.

I had to vote other also as the following ships were missing:

Minbari - teshlan - stealth, nasty weapons, 'nough said.
Centauri - Prefect good all rounder with decent punch
Narn - Rothan - I have grown to love this ship - tough as old boots this cookie!! 8)

Morg

I went for the Nova. looks cool, tons of dice, and never want to be between two of them
Pre SFOS I would have said Dag-Kar, but it was so harshed upon, I never bother taking them anymore.

I went with the Nova. What it lacks in range it makes up with numbers. Not to mention it adds 4 flights of fighters. 8)

As to the overkill question, sometimes it is better off safe than sorry. :twisted: Besides if I assign just enough weapons to kill something I will invariably fail to do so. :roll:

If SFOS didn't exist I'd have said the Dag'Kar. But with the brutal nerfing that it took it's probably the worst Raid ship out there. It's got skirmish level durability combined with firepower that can almost be rivaled by a skirmish ship. All of this for a raid level cost. :roll:

Got to go for the White Star. Ugly ship but kicks ass at Raid level.

The Novas are sexy beasts too. They're everything the White Star isn't. Slow, ponderous, and lots and lots and lots of guns.

It was stipulated that this was on the Tourney lists, I'd have gone for the Prefect otherwise. As it is, Targrath. I just get more fun out of it's huge salvos of dice than the WS's beam.

As far as the Dilgar fleet goes in my oppinion, the only thing better than a Tagrath, is six Tagraths in a Pentacon firing in unison! Mwuahahaha eat 74 dice of heavy bolters. Survive THAT! Go on! I DARE you :p

Locutus9956 said:
As far as the Dilgar fleet goes in my oppinion, the only thing better than a Tagrath, is six Tagraths in a Pentacon firing in unison! Mwuahahaha eat 74 dice of heavy bolters. Survive THAT! Go on! I DARE you :p

Dilgar Weapons Officer: We're currently six inches from the Sharlin, our fighters have succeeded on their scanners at full check, and our Jashakar has also focused it's sensors on that beast.

Dilgar Commodore: All Tagraths......FIRE!

Dilgar Weapons Officer: Missed.

DC: WHAT?

DWO: We failed our stealth check.

DC: WE'RE SIX F'NG INCHES AWAY! I'm waving to the worker caste Minbari in the Sharlin's window! I can count the bumps on his headbone! HOW CAN WE MISS?!

DWO: Remember the time that Sho'kos spat out a Sho'kos that spat out a Sho'kos until we were facing a fleet of a hundred of them?

DC: Please.....don't remind me of that incident. I beg you! Narn time/space manipulation confuses me.

DWO: It confuses them too from what I hear.

And it has a 33% chance of happening, too...this is where some of the other Dilgar bits, like both their special characters' tendencies to execute failures among their own crews, come into play, I think.

I have voted for others. My favourite Raid ship is the Hyperion Command Prototyp from Earth Minbari War.
Good firepower, 6 Hull, Command +1 and more damage to absorbe. I use it in every EA Fleet at Raid.

Celisasu said:
Dilgar Weapons Officer: We're currently six inches from the Sharlin, our fighters have succeeded on their scanners at full check, and our Jashakar has also focused it's sensors on that beast.

Dilgar Commodore: All Tagraths......FIRE!

Dilgar Weapons Officer: Missed.

DC: WHAT?

DWO: We failed our stealth check.

DC: WE'RE SIX F'NG INCHES AWAY! I'm waving to the worker caste Minbari in the Sharlin's window! I can count the bumps on his headbone! HOW CAN WE MISS?!

DWO: Remember the time that Sho'kos spat out a Sho'kos that spat out a Sho'kos until we were facing a fleet of a hundred of them?

DC: Please.....don't remind me of that incident. I beg you! Narn time/space manipulation confuses me.

DWO: It confuses them too from what I hear.

RAFLMAO!

Back