Time for another random poll (Favourite Raid Ship)

What is your favourite (in gaming temrs) Raid level ship?

• EA Chronos Frigate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EA Nova

• Minbari Tigara

• Centauri Sullust

• Narn Dag'Kar

• Vorlon Destroyer

• Shadow Scout

• ISA Whitestar

• Other (say what and why)

• Total voters

Locutus9956

Mongoose
What is your favourite Raid level ship? Now there are a LOT of raid level ships to choose from so Ive only listed a few that sprung to mind.

Also this question is from a GAMING standpoint, so dont vote for stuff just becase it looks cool (though if it looks cool AND you find it useful thats fine of course!)

If you vote for 'other' please say what and why (and try to keep it nice and brief). Also note that for the purposes of this poll Im talking about the tourney lists only.

I voted for the Chronos Frigate (surprise surprise ;)): Its very tough, with hull 6 and 3 interceptors, is reasonably fast and maneuvarble for an EA ship and has excellent all round firepower.

I voted for the WS. Its a pretty spectacular ship - even with tourney rules.

PS - You may want to remove the dag'kar. Its a terrible ship and I would be surprised to see even 1 vote for it (unless its a sympathy vote). :wink:

I vote for the Solarhawk. Bloody difficult to use, bloody impossible to get out alive. But when it works :shock: :twisted: 8)

Other than that I would have chosen the Dag'Kar, just because it's so hard to use...

EDIT: oops, Tourney only. make it the Dag'Kar then :lol:

Wulf

I used to think Dag'kars were the anwer to everything when I started the game - My god, look at all those dice! But as I removed them from my fleet are started winning more and more.

Well the only thing better than a Nova is *two* Novas with and enemy ship sandwhiched between them ready to take those pulse cannon broadsides.

Another personal favorite would br the Drakh Light Cruiser.

I voted "Other" cause you left off the Bimith. I'll take my Bimith against your Nova any day of the week.

"You think you can throw some dice? I'll show you dice!"

Chern wrote:
Nova. you can't top a ship with that many guns showing! hahahahah

Yeah, except that the guns on the model itself have to be the biggest example of "what you see ain't what you get" that I've seen in a long time. Huuuge, massive, turreted guns with great big scary-looking barrels that, for two arcs at least, don't do anything more than my ity-bity Milani and aren't much better in the remaining two arcs.

The Nova Rail and Pulse Prototypes, now those I'd vote for.

Remember though that the Nova mini was originally designed for B5 Wars. And if you think theyre good in ACTA... :D

put it this way, in B5 Wars, an Omega Destroyer was 925 pts, whereas a Nova 1350 pts....

Also, assuming perfect dice rolls an Omegas best shot on a perfect centerline on the forward weapons at point blank range with every weapon it could fire, it would do 492 pts of damage.

A 'perfect' Nova attack (which in B5 Wars was actually a perfect frontal centerline again as the fire arcs from both sides overlaps at the front) would score a staggering 840 pts of damage. Ah those were the days :D. Of course the Nova is in many ways less advanced than the Omega and not as tough (and of course more expensive to boot) but it was a SCARY ship in 'the good old days') (I'd actually prefer it if Mongoose had kept it closer to its B5Wars nastiness and made it Battle level, but thats just nostalgia talking ;))

ps. incidentally the Bmith had very little offensive power at all in B5Wars (that was the case with most Abbai ships) but it DID have a plethora of shileds, armour and other defensive measures (it was VERY tough for 550pts)

I think you are all wrong. The original Nova was in Planet of the Apes. I still remember the scene where Tayler was trying to teach Nova her name in the sequel - Escape from the Planet of the Apes IIRC. :lol:

Locutus9956 said:
Remember though that the Nova mini was originally designed for B5 Wars. And if you think theyre good in ACTA... :D

put it this way, in B5 Wars, an Omega Destroyer was 925 pts, whereas a Nova 1350 pts....

Also, assuming perfect dice rolls an Omegas best shot on a perfect centerline on the forward weapons at point blank range with every weapon it could fire, it would do 492 pts of damage.

A 'perfect' Nova attack (which in B5 Wars was actually a perfect frontal centerline again as the fire arcs from both sides overlaps at the front) would score a staggering 840 pts of damage. Ah those were the days :D. Of course the Nova is in many ways less advanced than the Omega and not as tough (and of course more expensive to boot) but it was a SCARY ship in 'the good old days') (I'd actually prefer it if Mongoose had kept it closer to its B5Wars nastiness and made it Battle level, but thats just nostalgia talking ;))

)

Beleive me, I remember. There was a B5W tourney I played in where some crazy guy ran a Nova and turned off a bunch of weapons to fly around the board at like speed 14. He thought it was cool, too bad i was flying 3 flights of T-Bolts and 1 flight of Badgers. Hammered him with fighter missles and won.

In ACTA though the Nova is represented as the old ship that it is as you know. It is still cool though.

Oh of course its still cool, dont get me wrong, I LOVE the Nova, I just kind of miss its 'dreadnoughtness' sometimes :)

As to the example above.... :shock: Turn off weapons on a Nova?!?! Theres something deeply wrong about that :p

^^Yeah there were a couple guys that thought they could win by turning off weapons and using the power for high-speed turns. They were usually wrong.

Locutus9956 said:

ps. incidentally the Bmith had very little offensive power at all in B5Wars (that was the case with most Abbai ships) but it DID have a plethora of shileds, armour and other defensive measures (it was VERY tough for 550pts)
I still have nightmares about the time my friend and I centerlined our Novas at 2 hex range. He chose mostly lasers, I chose mostly pulse. Needless to say, the result was the same. :oops:

Back