Thirdspace and other tv-movies.

DanteC

Mongoose
What would the chances be of the tv-movies getting a guide book, something like the season books? They probably wouldn't be nearly as big, but I'm sure there's some people who'd like more details of the Thirdspace aliens, as well as the Vorlons 'other' mistakes.

Not sure how In the Beginning and A Call to Arms would work (they're probably covered in the comming Earth-Minbari war book and Crusade has a little about Call to Arms), but Thirdspace and the Soul Hunter one (can't remember it's name, sorry) could get some work in. Legend of the Rangers could get added as well. Other thoughts?

I'd buy it if it came out, but then that goes without saying. And the Soul Hunter movie is "River Of Souls"
Set 6 months after the end of season 5 FYI.

LBH

Yes, yes, yes to these!! :D A book per film or even a good hardback covering the lot!

I'd especially like Thirdspace - JMS described it as his homage to the Cthulhu mythos and there were some very nasty things coming through that gate :shock: And of course I'd like to see their ships statted for the RPG and ACTA!

DW

DanteC said:
What would the chances be of the tv-movies getting a guide book, something like the season books? They probably wouldn't be nearly as big, but I'm sure there's some people who'd like more details of the Thirdspace aliens, as well as the Vorlons 'other' mistakes.

A Call to Arms was covered in the Crusade book and I really wish that they'd done the same thing with Thirdspace and River of Souls. Thirdspace really ought to have been in the Fourth Season book, since that is when it happens and River of Souls could have been easily added in at the end of Wheel of Fire. Those movies don't really have enough content in and of themselves to justify a whole book by themselves. Also, I really think that the Pilot ought to have been covered in the main Player's Guide, but that's of less import.

As far as In the Beginning goes, I really hope that they eventually release an Earth-Minbari war expander in which case that movie can be covered there although I really think that most of that movie was just a delusional fantasy on Londo's part where he sketched in the parts that he didn't know with people that he did know. Otherwise, I just have a hard time accepting that all of these people met up before the show, ESPECIALLY Sheridan and G'Kar.

Dastari said:
Otherwise, I just have a hard time accepting that all of these people met up before the show, ESPECIALLY Sheridan and G'Kar.

I'm with you on that one, there was no need for G'Kar, Franklin, Sheridan and Delenn to meet up in ITB as far as I'm concerned.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I'm with you on that one, there was no need for G'Kar, Franklin, Sheridan and Delenn to meet up in ITB as far as I'm concerned.
I liked In the Beginning, but I admit it was a bit weird that Sheridan didn't mention having met at least Franklin (a fellow human, with hopefully identifable facial features), if not G'kar (Who he appears to have spent some time with) when he arrived on B5. Not remembering Delenn is a bit more understandable, as he was a bit stressed and she looked quite different at the time!

Balance said:
I liked In the Beginning, but I admit it was a bit weird that Sheridan didn't mention having met at least Franklin (a fellow human, with hopefully identifable facial features), if not G'kar (Who he appears to have spent some time with) when he arrived on B5. Not remembering Delenn is a bit more understandable, as he was a bit stressed and she looked quite different at the time!

G'Kar is the one that I have the most trouble with. If you go back and watch the first few eps of season 2 it is made very clear that G'Kar and Sheridan have never met. I think that there's also a line in season 5 just before G'Kar leaves in which Sheridan refers to the first time that they met and mentioned that it was in the council chamber, but I might be remembering that incorrectly. At either rate, I have major problems with that one but its also made fairly clear that Franklin and Sheridan don't know each other as well. After all, if they'd shared such a harrowing experience together you'd think that they'd have at least something of a bond even if they hadn't seen each other for 10 years.

I still like my theory that Londo is just making up the parts that he doesn't know and subbing in with his old friends.

River of Souls and Thirdspace would be very interesting mainly because of the races in there. The Soulhunters society are so interesting and powerful while the TSA were so evil and nasty that it would be amazing to see them.

Back