The worst model ever assemebled...

Abraxas

Mongoose
Well, I just read a post by (someone... sorry, already forgot the name) where (s)he said that putting together a Narn ship was extremely difficult. Well, it got me thinking about all my models (all of them, not just ACtA) and how hard they were to put together.

What I want to hear are the horror stories you guys have with putting together some of your models.

For instance, my hardest model to assemble was the BFG Eldar Void Stalker. It has a mountain of pieces, none of them sliding nicely into grooves or pegs. It's a proverbial mess of metal that I guess you just HOPE doesn't get breated on, less it self destructs into more pices then when you started.

It's a beautiful ship...
eldar_voidstalker.gif

*I hope this works...

... but an absolute pain to put together. I bought one about a year ago and it sits, still unassembled because I lack the patience to finish it.

Also, I play WH40K and also play Eldar. I have broken and fixed my Eldar Wraithlord at least a dozen times. It's too tall and made out of pewter... so glue is unaffective at keeping it together. At one point (for 8 or 9 months) I just used the base with one leg sticking up. It's a realy pain too:

wraithlord.jpg

*I hope this works too...
NOTE: Not mine.

Anyway, you all are more then welcome to share your stories... hope they are better then mine.

Abraxas said:
Also, I play WH40K and also play Eldar. I have broken and fixed my Eldar Wraithlord at least a dozen times. It's too tall and made out of pewter... so glue is unaffective at keeping it together. At one point (for 8 or 9 months) I just used the base with one leg sticking up. It's a realy pain too:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried pining it together at all?

On to my worst models ever assembled. There was one of the old AoG Primus I assembled for a friend a while back. I have to remove the large peg that aligned the hull halves together. It was then pinned in place and filled with copious volumes of putty and re-sculpted.

There are however four Sharlins sat in a box that certainly make this look easy.

Best one I have ever assembled? Forgeworlds Revanant Titan. A superb mulipart model. Just needs a bit of putty to fill in some tiny casting bubbles.

iits well know to all of the leage players, but the Avioki is by far the worst model ive had the "pleasure" to assemble. Well just the first one. once i knew the process, the rest were built rather easily.

on the second place the GW Land Raider. none of the main hull pieces fit the way they should i had to use Tons of putty to fill in the gaps, a real pain in the ***

on the third place the Hyperion, the amount of flash and blobs of metal in it was horrible, its not a assembling problem but a cleaning one, i think even my dremel got tired. The mold its just too old

Landraiders? I never had any problems with assembling mine, the only thing of annoyance I had was a slight warping of the lower front ramp.

Painting it on the other hand is still in progess. Maybe I should have done something simpler than Deathwing bone.

I'd have to agree with the land raider there guys.

Tho the most labour intensive build was helping my mate put his baneblade together: those damn wheel bogies still give me nightmares :shock:

I supose the land raider thing maight depend on the batch or something like that, i might just got the bad one xD

The Land Raider really sucks......

Mine has a 2 Millimetre gap between main body and one side, and i couldnt be bothered to fill it up yet, also because its black and harder too see......

Another is the Octurion. It has nice extensions in the main body, that are supposed to slide into the outer hull.....its just too bad, that one outer hull has filled up gaps.....had to have a friend pin it for me.......Also the gaps in the outer hulls for the wings are 25% filled, so it has to have grinding applied to make em fit. So even after a full month its sitting around unassembled, or rather without the finishing wings..... :S

Nothing beats the old Matchbox 1/72 modelkits of WW2 tanks 9the ones that came with a little scenic base) The plastic tracks where horrible, non fitting like the old GW Rhino, but the ones with the rubber tracks where a damned nightmare

never had any problem with my void stalker.

never had any problems with my land raider, in fact, I did a conversion with my first one which allows the top plate between the tracks to come off you you can have a couple termies inside. no prob. Still unpainted though, like a lot of my models.

My Poseidon conversion is a long process, and its not a really well designed model to build stock (AOG!) but nothing is especially hard.

Probably the worst model kit I ever tried to put together was a land speeder from the 3rd edition box set. that dang thing would not fit together no matter what I did.

so for me, its the generation 3 plastic landspeeder.

Chern

I did the same thing with one of my Land Raiders!

never had any problems with my land raider, in fact, I did a conversion with my first one which allows the top plate between the tracks to come off you you can have a couple termies inside. no prob.

Additionally I am working on a posable dozer blade for it that will either move up out of the way of the hatch or open like a clam shell, haven't desided yet.

I personally own 5 Land Raiders & 1 Crusader and the worst problem assembling them I had was putting the Hurricane Bolters together on the Crusader.

But my worst assembly problem was the Gnoblar Scraplaucher from Warhammer Fantasy. I have never had to make more modifications and/or adjustments to a metal mini kit to assemble it then that one.

LordClinto said:
I did the same thing with one of my Land Raiders!

never had any problems with my land raider, in fact, I did a conversion with my first one which allows the top plate between the tracks to come off you you can have a couple termies inside. no prob.

Additionally I am working on a posable dozer blade for it that will either move up out of the way of the hatch or open like a clam shell, haven't desided yet.

I personally own 5 Land Raiders & 1 Crusader and the worst problem assembling them I had was putting the Hurricane Bolters together on the Crusader.

But my worst assembly problem was the Gnoblar Scraplaucher from Warhammer Fantasy. I have never had to make more modifications and/or adjustments to a metal mini kit to assemble it then that one.

The bit I hate was the resin bits never could get it to work

Worst model ever was the Marauder for BattleTech. Getting the body to sit on the legs correctly while waiting for the glue to dry was a major pain in the gluteals.

Don't miss it at all.

alot of the CBT mechs, when you have 14 pieces for a model 35mm tall its a pain. alot of the warmachines for warmachine also as they weigh alot really need to pin them. eldar warwalkers another pain in the proverbial, things just dont stay together very well at all.

katadder said:
alot of the CBT mechs, when you have 14 pieces for a model 35mm tall its a pain. alot of the warmachines for warmachine also as they weigh alot really need to pin them. eldar warwalkers another pain in the proverbial, things just dont stay together very well at all.

CBT Mechs???

Worst one so far has been the ISA VCD. Just so much extra flash, etc that its requiring extensive filing and drilling to make it go together right. The Avioki is difficult as well since you have to juggle about 3 parts being glued at once, and one of them have adequete pins/pegs to stay without holding it.

I also hated doing and of the metal/plastic combos I gto from GW. The parts never glued well together, and they always feel unbalanced.

the metal/plastic combos was pretty bad until i found a locktite glue specifically for it, works great, prime 1st, 30 seconds later ad dyour glue and leave to dry.

I must say that the VCD limited edition Excaliburwas a great, flash less model though, the other ones from the fleet boxes where, well, like the rest of the range. Most `flashed` model I have had under my hands is the Hyperion, half of his hangar bay and dorsal gun ports needed to be filed out completely, the tail framework had to be patched up with green stuff and the engines aren`t perfectly centered...

Back