The worst model ever assemebled...

Easy one here. Try putting together the Hellcannon from Chaos WHFB sometime. Staight out of the box, both main halves were so warped that if u put one end together, there was nearly 10mm gap at the back. And since its a fairly solid peice of pewter, I had to take a 2-pd sledge to the peices to get them to the point where they could be green stuff together :shock:

GW is usually ok about changing badly warped models. I've never had a kit from them in that state. Their biggest problem has always been missing or duplicated parts in the boxes.

My brother did the old two headed chaos dragon from WHFB...he said it was a major pain but it was his first time pinning a model so I chalk it up to a learning experience.

Chern

With regards to the Void Stalker and pinning:
Pinning has never been my forte. It was a pain just trying to pin the oemga and it's rotating section together... I actually did it a lottle crooked... though I WAS using a power drill and was holding the piece in my hand (no clamps). It's a wonder I didn't crucify my hand to the floor...

As for the Hyperion:
Also, I forgot about the Hyperion. The engine nozzels are all farked up; pointing at obtuse angels with creases and flash all over the place. It was a nightmare.

And that Land Raider:
I am surprised to hear so much struggle over the land raider. I don't play space marines (WAY too slow for my taste) but my friends with land raiders have never complained. I guess a lot depends on which batch of models you get. I am surprised there is so much varience between then though.

Hmm, that is a tough one. I have had a lot that stank. i think the worst was whfb vampire counts coach. Basicly a square with thin metal you couldn't pin.
One thing I have been doing that has helped a bunch on stuff like minbari wings is this. I use epoxy instead of ca glue. Pretty strong. So far (knock on wood) I have not had a model that has been epoxied (spell) break.
Sam

The worst time I ver had was with a space marine landspeeder that came in the 3rd edition core box. That thing wouldn't go together for anything.

Chern

a long long time ago the Eldar War Walker was a bugger to build, I think for the first 3 days of its life the legs spent more time glued to my fingers than to the actual War Walker torso. After that I got a pin vice and pinned the thing together and its still going strong about 12 years later....

The Drazi Sunhawks and Strikebirds in the fleet box. The damn gun barrels keep coming off, so it's gotten down to the point where I don't even put the things back on, they just go straight into the bits bag.

Other than that....Probably the Adira in terms of pinning, and the Primus in terms of turrets.

I still say the Avioki is a bugger to put together. one slip while gluing and the thing explodes to every corner of the room!

For me?

Well nothing new, i arleady posted waaaayyy back.

Havent been able to glue any models since then :p

Just need some off time, posting garbage ^^.

And for newest pice of information, the worst is getting those plastic bases to fit to metal models, especially after theyve broken once...... And they do that very easily :S

Weeeell....

Land Raider: Never had an issue with it, it all fitted together perfectly and the hinging and everything works beutifully :)

Landspeeders: Again, Ive heard many horror stories about how horrible these are to put together supposedly, but I play Ravenwing, and use ALOT of them and have never found them to be an issue really.

The models I HAVE found to be a right pain in the behind though:

1) The Shadow Scout. Hundreds of tiny little tendrils that have hadrly any thing more than a tiny little bump to stick onto arranged all round each other, knock any over and the rest fall like dominoes.... Oh how I LOATHE building Shadow Scouts... (still they look damn nice when finished I suppose)

2) Necron Cairne Class Harvest ship. Again very little purchace for an annoying 3 wing arrangement that fall over and are generally a pain to glue in place. Not actually that hard, but Im not the most patient person when it comes to gluing (I prefer to stick something a way that it balances and then go away and leave it rather than having to hold it perfectly still for ages....)

3) Full thrust UNSC Heavy cruiser. Getting the fore and aft sections to actually stick together can be..... interesting...

Arachnid brain: Required so much milliput, and so much work with sandpaper and sculpting tools just to get it right. Ugh.

Arachnid Guard Bug, Mantis, Spiders - plastic befits these multi-legged beasties so much more than metal. I lost track of the hours trying to get the superglue, greenstuff, and whatever else I tried to make these things stick - to actually stick, without the legs/heads falling apart. Got there in the end - but they were tough. On the other hand, the Overseer - tres easy (lots of pinning and well supported joints where not pinned).
Old Eldar Avatar was also a nightmare.

Kra'vak capital ships! Argh (I'm looking at you, Superdreadnought, Carriers and Battledreadnought). What a chore! Again, major pinning required.

Eldar Wlord/Warwalker (old versions). Yes, they were slow. Pinning was the way forward. The new versions, on the other hand? Some of the easiest models to build I've had the pleasure to play with.

Back