The Turs Andayr feat...

ronbogard

Mongoose
One of my players was reading the minbari factbook and could not find the Turs Andayr feat that page 37 said would be later in the book. Well I look and can not find it unless you count the Ventar Master as it. :? So anyone know where it is in the book?

Where and when will any of the errata be available?

I am still waiting for errata for the Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game and Factbook. I understand that there will be a second edition with the changes in there.

I am hoping that they still publish it on the Web for those that already own the book.

The Turs Andayr feat

You have studied the dangerous art of the Crimson Dance, the knife-wielding combat style of the Minbari.

Prerequisite: 4+ ranks in Perform (dance), BAB 1+, Minbari (or Games Master's approval)

Benefit: When armed with a Minbari fighting knife in each hand, you may take a full attack action to strike the blades together during a single attack. This limits you to one attack this round and inflicts a penalty of -2 to hit, but a successful melee attack inflicts +3 damage and forces the target to make a Will Save (DC equals 10 + your ranks in Perform) or suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to attack and damage rolls for the next 2 rounds.

This penalty is cumulative, but only if it comes from other attackers with the Turs Andayr feat. The penalty is sonic-based and a target with any form of protection from sonic attack is immune to the effect (but not the additional damage).

The danger in using the Dance of Crimson comes in the possiblity of injuring yourself with its close-body manoeuvres. If the Turs Andayr special attack misses, you take your Strength bonus in slashing damage (minimum of one point) and must make the same save as listed above. If you fail, you suffer the same -1 penalty and may not attack using this feat until its detrimental effect ends.

Thanks August, this feat looks interesting and flavourful. :)
At first sight though, the danger of hitting oneself on every miss kinda outweight the benefits,
at least before getting high level enough so that you don't miss that often.

And that's kinda the point, Red. :)

No feat should ever be so powerful that if a character ~doesn't~ take it, they are a fool and will cripple their advancement. At least, that's my opinion on the matter.

I wanted to make Turs Andayr available at first level for character that wanted to take it, but not leave it so potent that it became a 'given' for Warrior Caste Minbari. It is a rare style and the damgeous aspect of it explains that.

Glad you like it though!
-August

Back