The Set of Recent Posters Is An Empty Set No More

What currently unreleased Mongoose products do you most look forward to right now? I don't ask here out of a need to snark at delivery schedules, but rather out of an interest in everyone's current wish lists.

Me, it'd be the Robots and Cybernetics books, the Zhodani alien module, Droyne when it comes out, and Animal Encounters. I always was a fan of Alan Dean Foster's wonderful ecologies and the weird creatures the characters always found.

Hmm ... robots have been covered by the German Roboter supplement,
and Flynn's Guide is all I really need to create alien creatures. This lea-
ves the Campaign Guide, Starports and Zhodani. I am not sure whether
I really have much use for the Campaign Guide, and GT Starports has all
the informations I ever wanted to know about Traveller starports ...

So, Zhodani. :wink:

The Cybernetics book, because I am a big fan of cyberpunk. Kinda sad Power Armor is gone. I would buy a Transhuman supplement if they released one.

I have a copy of the Robots book on its way to my home now... so I cant say I'm looking forward to purchasing it, though I am looking forward to receiving and reading it.

I'm quite interested in the campaign guide. This is one of those "toolbox" sorts of things that can, if done well, really help out a GM. So I'd love to see that.

I'm somewhat interested in the cybernetics book. I think a lot of my players will be interested at least.

Personally, I dont see a real use for the Starports book. I have a good one already in the GT book and my own ideas for how they work. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually and mine it for any goodies it has, but for me personally, I'm not anxious for it.

The Zho book? The Droyne book? Meh. Again, I'm sure I may read one some day, but I cant say I'm anxious to see either of them.

I have enough deck plans....so I'm not overly interested in Cruisers and Merchants. And Animal Encounters holds no interest to me at all.

So... I'd have to say I'm most looking forward to seeing the new 760 Patrons and see how they do this time.

A Traveller version of Runequest's "Empire"
I believe it was mentioned a long time ago (2008?) as a supplement named "Dynasty"

I'm looking forward to the Campaign Guide, Darrians (for an archaeological campaign), and Zhodani (for a pro-Zhodani campaign). After that it's Cybernetics and Robots for my homebrew universe and the revamped 760 Patrons.

I'm interested in Animal Encounters, but want to see a preview before I decide whether or not it's worth it. Traveller isn't really the sort to have or need a monster manuel, but I can't deny that it might come in handy for those "stranded on a hostile planet" scenarios.

I'm looking forward everything Mongoose is putting out, but Merchants & Cruisers is the one I need the most right now. I also would like to see the book "Spacestations"

Perka said:
I'm looking forward everything Mongoose is putting out, but Merchants & Cruisers is the one I need the most right now. I also would like to see the book "Spacestations"

Anything in particular you are looking for? There's been some Traveller starships in a few recent issues of Signs & Portents.

Looking forward to a redone vehicles guide (will read before buying this time) & a Wrold Builders Handbook (IF it doesn't produce vacuum worlds with TL 1 societies and the like).

DFW said:
Looking forward to a redone vehicles guide (will read before buying this time) & a Wrold Builders Handbook (IF it doesn't produce vacuum worlds with TL 1 societies and the like).

Is an SF setting that doesn't have worlds with advanced dome cities that fallen into barbarism realy worth playing?

Edit: Actualy it would be nice to have a system with built-in controlls to dial up or down the consistency or wackyness of the results, but it's not as if a mod like that is hard to do with the basic world gen system.

Simon Hibbs

AndrewW said:
Perka said:

Anything in particular you are looking for? There's been some Traveller starships in a few recent issues of Signs & Portents.

Yeah, ships in 1000-10000ton range, Because books we have now contains more than enough ships in 100-1000ton range and Fighting Ships & High Guard covers ships in ~30k-500kton range.

I hope there are atleast few ships in that 1k-10kton range in Merchants&Cruisers, because my new adventures would benefit much of it.

simonh said:
Is an SF setting that doesn't have worlds with advanced dome cities that fallen into barbarism realy worth playing?

No problem as part of a GM plot. But, the rules have been horrible on this point since CT. Weird, wacky and impossible shouldn't be the rule of the day.

Perka said:
AndrewW said:
Yeah, ships in 1000-10000ton range, Because books we have now contains more than enough ships in 100-1000ton range and Fighting Ships & High Guard covers ships in ~30k-500kton range.

I hope there are atleast few ships in that 1k-10kton range in Merchants&Cruisers, because my new adventures would benefit much of it.

Signs & Portents issues #84 and #86 have stuff within this range.

My guess is Merchants & Cruisers will have some within that range, though don't know what will be included.

AndrewW said:
Perka said:
AndrewW said:

Signs & Portents issues #84 and #86 have stuff within this range.

My guess is Merchants & Cruisers will have some within that range, though don't know what will be included.

Thanks for the advice Andrew,

Command Boat and Dragon might be what I need!

Back