The Mega-Deals are Back!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
In case you have not seen the news, the Lone Wolf Mega-Deals are back, in three new flavours!

You can find the full details on the main Lone Wolf page of the web site.

Zorkaan said:
Great new!
How long will last the "Magnamund Mega-Deal" offer? Until book 13 is released? Later?

At the moment, these deals are 'indefinite'. We'll see how popular they are, and if there is sufficient interest, we'll keep them going, perhaps for the life of the Lone Wolf books.

In short, no cancellation date for the deals is yet planned.

msprange said:
coreystinson said:
Is there a full credit card charge up front for buying these packages?

There is indeed.

As much as I love the Lone Wolf books, and appreciate Mongoose's republishing them, I feel it appropriate to warn the consumer about the risk involved in these Mega-Deal arrangements. In these trying economic times, what guarantee of refund do you have for this large up-front cash outlay should Mongoose be unable, despite their obvious willingness, to release this product in the future. You will not be a secured debtor should business circumstances force Mongoose to cease publishing this series before its completion. Considering the lengthy roll out before final books in series are released (we are looking at years at the current rate) I think also that one would have no remedy with credit card, etc.

Can you please clarify the "Old Mega Deal" with the "NEW Mega Deals" Plural ?

My understanding of the OLD mega deal is that it covered all of the original gamebooks as well as the last four unreleased gamebooks, as well as the novels. This has not changed for the subscribers to the OLD megadeal customers, correct? That is, those who subscribed to the OLD megadeal are still under those terms, correct?

Thanks,
Koreth

Wow! That's incredibly cool for those who didn't jump on the wagon for the Maganamund Mega-Mega-Deal of old (1-32 plus 6 novels). What I don't get is that, for the Kai Lord Mega-Deal, what I understand is that you get books 5 plus the novels (that's another 6 books) for free for buying only 4 books? You get 7 books for free by buying only 4 books? :shock:

Koreth said:
Can you please clarify the "Old Mega Deal" with the "NEW Mega Deals" Plural ?

My understanding of the OLD mega deal is that it covered all of the original gamebooks as well as the last four unreleased gamebooks, as well as the novels. This has not changed for the subscribers to the OLD megadeal customers, correct? That is, those who subscribed to the OLD megadeal are still under those terms, correct?

Thanks,
Koreth

I would assume that all of us original mega deal customers are under the same terms of the agreement from the time we paid for it, wouldn't make sense otherwise. :D

Koreth said:

Of course - original Mega-Deal customers are unaffected, and will continue to see their books as normal.

BlackCat said:
What I don't get is that, for the Kai Lord Mega-Deal, what I understand is that you get books 5 plus the novels (that's another 6 books) for free for buying only 4 books? You get 7 books for free by buying only 4 books? :shock:

If you look here http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1749&qsSeries=24 , it explains in more detail. The free novels are only the first two.

So if one wanted to jump on the bandwagon and get a deal on the complete set how would one do that?

So far as I'm reading there is no complete deal on there for everything that is out AND everything that is coming.

LBH

Get the Magnakai (1-12 plus two novels) and Magnamund (13-32 plus 6 novels) mega deals, and flog the two spare novels on ebay.

Greg Smith said:
Get the Magnakai (1-12 plus two novels) and Magnamund (13-32 plus 6 novels) mega deals, and flog the two spare novels on ebay.

Yeah but c'mon, why the unnecessary duplication, I speak for others more than myself, every time Matt sees me he wonders why I haven't been throwing money at hm for LW books :lol:

LBH

Maybe Mongoose have more than they need and want to give 'em away.

It is very unScottish of you to complain about free stuff. :D

Ningauble said:
So when will we see a Mega-Deal for the paperbacks? :wink:

It would be good to have an update on the status of the new Lone Wolf Roleplaying Game !

As for now, the status is : not planified and probably never... It was linked in the past with the paperbacks. The status of the paperback is actually : not planified.

It is no good for the fans of the roleplaying game, who collect the Lone Wolf books, but wait for something more.

I'd like to have access to the Sommerlund Guide (and probably others would like to have access to it).

It has been three years since you have completed it. It would be time to make it available for the fans.

The status of publication of the Sommerlund Guide is not available. It would be good to have access to it, on PDF or as a printed supplement (now that the Babylon 5 line is over, perhaps is it place for that supplement) !

Are the books included in this deal revised from when Mongoose originally published the collector's editions? By that, I mean have all of the kinks been worked out with the binding issues and do they include the collected errata?

~O

Back