the Environment; Ruins of Hyboria

Decurio

Mongoose
First off, kudos to Vincent Darlage on once again writing yet another superior book for the Conan line; I recently picked up Ruins of Hyboria and not only is the book up to the usual high standards of the line, but it may very well be the most useful book I've bought for OGL Conan in awhile. I can't recommend it enough!

Secondly, after reading a similiar post on RPG.net, I wonder how many of you have Hyboria's environment play a significant role in your campaigns? I try to make my players conscious of the negative impacts of the environment on their characters (particularly if they are travelling in places of extreme environs like Nordheim or Stygia). If you haven't checked them out, take a look at the rules for environmental hazards in Hyboria's Fiercest-they rock on toast!

Just some random observations!

Decurio said:
Secondly, after reading a similiar post on RPG.net, I wonder how many of you have Hyboria's environment play a significant role in your campaigns? I try to make my players conscious of the negative impacts of the environment on their characters (particularly if they are travelling in places of extreme environs like Nordheim or Stygia). If you haven't checked them out, take a look at the rules for environmental hazards in Hyboria's Fiercest-they rock on toast!

The environment has often a strong impact, although more often than not I don't use the rules as given in Hybroia's Fiercest (and elsewhere), but estimate / decree. This method is OK for my (in most regards) adult group, but rule-lawyers would be more difficult to handle.

guessing its all about shem :lol: but could be wrong 8) it is on my wish list as well as the other releases coming soon like empires 8)

Back