The Earth Alliance Fact Book

A

Anonymous

I am a big Babylon 5 fan, and after picking up the core book and been very impressed with it, I picked up The Earth Alliance Fact Book. I must say that I am truly disgusted. I don't think I have ever seen such a narrow-minded, prejudice view on earth as this one.

I'm sorry Mongoose, but you have just lost a fan.

so long.. fare well.. Avedozane goodbye..... dosent understand how someone can give up because of 1 book... so all i have to say to you disapointed... so long fare well

Can you be a little more constructive with the criticism.

My guess would be "No," as I don't expect to see 'guest' back in this forum.

Oh well, "Dasvidania Tovarish"

CARTMAG said:
so long.. fare well.. Avedozane goodbye..... dosent understand how someone can give up because of 1 book... so all i have to say to you disapointed... so long fare well

Yup seemed well worth that person subscribing simply to whine and then disappear... no discussion, no explanation of what speficially bothered them... not even an opportunity for Mongoose to defend the book..nada, just whine and walk..

So I'm with you CARTMAG..

Mister "Disappointed".. toodles guy, dont let the door hit you on the way out !

Personally speaking I liked the EA Sourcebook, and unlike some folks I didn't take it to be a racist propoganda pamphlet they did...just a book presenting a make believe set of descriptions about a make believe version of the universe and not some secret aggenda for the author.

But hey without wanting to stir up the hornets nest again, when all was said and done Mongoose apologised anyway for any misunderstanding that may have been caused and life went on..so Disappointed, get over it dude.

I don't know whats wrong with people like this "guest". The EA Sourcebook was well writen except for a few spelling errors and struck me as being a plausible link between the modern world and the B5 time line. Plus the rules and other information was very good. I saw nothing racist and would like to thank Mongoose for this quality product.

One thing that gets me is: Did this guy ever WATCH THE SHOW??
For the majority of the series EA WAS racist & Isolationistic. They were being influenced by the Shadows & Psi Corps. I felt it was a very close interpretation of hte EA during the heart of the series. Heck, every major power had pretty major problems. I liked seeing a less than perfect world ala Star Trek. I like seeing that governments could be very flawed just as many are today in the real world.

I for one loved the book & am looking forward to the Centauri & Narm books. (those are two SERIOUSLY messed up empires!!)

And WB aproved the EA book so obviously they agreed with what was in it...

Anyway, so long mr dissapointed.
You won't be missed....

I just love the fact that people on the boards have discussed this once, heard the opinions of all involved, shut down the topic, and now are mature enough to not even re-address the issue. During the whole mess I actually thought about writing off the forums. Kudos to all for the responses here. Now if KDlandge could have just stuck around to see this thread.

PsyJack

Now if KDlandge could have just stuck around to see this thread.

what makes you think he isn`t around, you don`t need to be logged in to read it. :wink:

as for the "Mr Happy" who started this thread..... well who cares. :roll:

I for one agree with disaponted. The way Mongoose portrade the people of the Proxima system is totally out of line with reality and I for one was offended. They’re right about the French though. :wink:

ThatOneGuy said:
I for one agree with disaponted. The way Mongoose portrade the people of the Proxima system is totally out of line with reality and I for one was offended. They’re right about the French though. :wink:

?? you do realise we don't REALLY have people on Proxima don't you :lol: :lol:

You dont see dead people too do you? :p

Back