The Bloody Crown of Conan

Vincent791

Mongoose
I just start reading for the first time The Hour of the Dragon. What a wonderful read! Every write I read of Howard, I understand a lot of things about the character, things that I already knew, but now I know the roots about those things, even in treatments from other authors like Roy Thomas and things that I see in the RPG, like the language, the psyche of the character, the rol of the woman in the adventures, damn! awesome!

I already own the works of Howard from 1932-1933, but in spanish, I'd like to get the stories in english too, so I was wondering how many books have been released by Del Rey from this collection, I know about The coming of Conan the Cimmerian, but I think that there is, at least, one more book. Any help?

THE CONQUERING SWORD OF CONAN is the final volume of Del Rey's complete Conan series. It was just released a few weeks ago.

Vincent791 said:
So I only need those 3 books?

That's all you need -- all of the Conan stories including the incomplete stories and drafts are in the 3 volume Del Rey books. Plus the stories are written in the order they were published (the seventeen) originally in Weird Tales. These books are not only a must have for Conan/Howard fans but they are affordable as well -- no excuses! 8)

I already saw the first one at my local store, as I said I already got the second one (want to read Hour of the Dragon in english, cause the books I have are in spanish), and I think that I saw the third one a week ago, it's just been released.

So next I'm gonna get the Coming of Conan of Cimmeria, the third one is gonna have to wait a month :(

Vincent791 said:
I already saw the first one at my local store, as I said I already got the second one (want to read Hour of the Dragon in english, cause the books I have are in spanish), and I think that I saw the third one a week ago, it's just been released.

So next I'm gonna get the Coming of Conan of Cimmeria, the third one is gonna have to wait a month :(

Give REH's other works a chance, too! Solomon Kane & Bran Mak Morn (both also from delrey) or the five vol. collection edited by the University of Nebraskas.

Even the humorous Western short stories are a wonderful read!

Give REH's other works a chance, too! Solomon Kane & Bran Mak Morn (both also from delrey) or the five vol. collection edited by the University of Nebraskas.

Even the humorous Western short stories are a wonderful read!

First time I think about it, I guess I'm gonna take a look at those too. Thanks for the recommendation.

Damn! So many hobbies...sigh

I had never read any of the Soloman Kane or Bran before picking up their respective Del Rey books.

I'm a big fan of those now, as much as of the Conan ones. They truly are great stories. I can't recommend them enough.

SS

Strom said:
Vincent791 said:
These books are not only a must have for Conan/Howard fans but they are affordable as well -- no excuses! 8)

If you haven't got these you may want to get 1 instead of your next sourcebook. No better source material than these!!

Great book to lend to those you are introducing to the Conan RPG.

If you haven't got these you may want to get 1 instead of your next sourcebook. No better source material than these!!

That's a good advice, when I read this books I somehow imagine or translate those situations to the RPG.

Anyway, lucky for me this time I can afford both, the books of Howard and the sourcebook for the game :D

Got my copy of "The Conquering Sword of Conan" today. I wasn't sure if there was going to be a third volume until reading about it here online.

By the way, the Barnes and Noble that I got my book at also had a hard cover version of the first volume of the series.

Jumba

Back