The All New 2300AD

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Update: The all new 2300AD box set is almost with us - we are currently expecting the ebook and pre-orders to be ready on August 20th. We will be posting previews for the next week in the run up to this release, so scroll to the end of this thread or check out our Facebook page for the latest peeks and reveals!

2300ADpage.jpg

Looking good! One extra month isn't that bad, if it improves the end result and gives 2300AD more visual oomph (that's a proper hard science term, you know). Eagerly waiting to get my hands on this box set, even if only in PDF form at first. It's so great that this IS a box set, very happy about that, brings back memories of the original GDW box sets, Would like to run a game come next August (no time before that), so we are still on track for that. Here's hoping for no more delays.

Could we get some more info about the box's contents, like how many books, what page counts (approx.), is there a star map and such. Please. (Oh, and is Colin Dunn still the main author?)

You do know the image is reversed right?
Ah repurposing old old art I did.. I look at it and see I have gotten sooooo much better. This one certainly need improving, though I like the lighting effects.

benny2.png

Also, can make extra special care in all the 2300AD publications that acceleration is measured in meters per second SQUARED.....it has been recorded as just meters per second (which is velocity) a few times in Traveller books.

MongooseMatt said:
Stainless said:
Anyone spot the typo on the first page? :roll:

We have :)

I hope by that you mean the reference to Beta Centauri being a Core system.

Beta Centauri is a separate trinary star system from Alpha Centauri and is 390 light-years from Sol, while Alpha Centauri is 4.4 light-years away. Proxima Centauri, while separated from the Alpha Centauri AB pair by approx. 13,000 AU (0.21 ly) is still considered a component of the Alpha Centauri system (and sometimes referred to as Alpha Centauri C).

Turns out, nine years ago when I did the FSV Cassini, I made the mistake of reversing the name. So that's my fault.. oops

Neat! I love hard sci-fi. 2300 would probably be a better fit than "standard" Traveller for some games I'd like to try running.

I was reading a review for the old version of "Bayern." One of the reviewer's critiques was that is wasn't as fleshed out as he would have liked. Is the 2e version just a rules update, or is it getting expanded at all?

Super stoked for this! I'm a long time player of 2300AD, and played a little of it under MGT1. I'm looking forward to seeing how they smooth things out, etc. as it seemed to me that the MGT1 version seemed...rough around the edges. Already planning a campaign based around the US Governments efforts against Provolution, and got the players selected. just waiting for the PDF to drop so that I can throw it into the Fantasy Grounds VTT!

GBFF

MongooseMatt said:
OrdosMalleus said:
Still awaiting the pre-order announcement! :D

We are literally just waiting for the last deck plans to be done - should not be too long!

SIGH

oooo-kaayy :(

Well, I just got Pirates of Drinax for my birthday, so hopefully that can keep me busy for little while. :p

Is it time yet????

:D

I should really look at the Pirates of Drinax, or Deepnight...heard a lot of good things about both of them!

Back