Telepaths after Psi Corp was disbanded

Mongoose Si

Mongoose
Does anyone know what the rules for human telepaths are once the Psi Corps was disbanded. Can a telepath do pretty much what they want? I know the Crusade series mentions a few things such as they have to submit to frequent scans to make sure they have been behaving themselves.

Basically, I have a player who wants to be a telepath and my game will be set after the Psi Corp ended so I need to know what limitations there are to what he can or can't do.

At a guess, the restrictions about jobs (no gambling, stockbroking etc) would still apply. Telepathic evidence would still be mostly inadmissable in court. Telepaths have to open themselves to a deep scan on a regular basis, which looks for abuse of their powers (illegal scans and so forth).

Ghost Dancer said:
Does anyone know what the rules for human telepaths are once the Psi Corps was disbanded. Can a telepath do pretty much what they want? I know the Crusade series mentions a few things such as they have to submit to frequent scans to make sure they have been behaving themselves.
Hi there Ghost Dancer. The rules for handling telepaths after the demise of the Psi-Corps are in the Crusade series book.

As a bit of a precis, human telepaths have to be registered with the Bureau of Telepathic Integration, which monitors their activities in normal 'mundane' society. At regular intervals, telepaths are scanned to see what they have been up to, and to ascertain that they have been using their abilities in the proper manner, as Mongoose Gar says.

Welcome back to the forums, btw.

Chobbly

Chobbly said:
Hi there Ghost Dancer. The rules for handling telepaths after the demise of the Psi-Corps are in the Crusade series book.

Another one to add to my list then ;)

As a bit of a precis, human telepaths have to be registered with the Bureau of Telepathic Integration, which monitors their activities in normal 'mundane' society. At regular intervals, telepaths are scanned to see what they have been up to, and to ascertain that they have been using their abilities in the proper manner, as Mongoose Gar says.

Yeah, I thought it would be something liek that, but I just like to get the details right - as a Centauri minister once said, "the details are everything"

Welcome back to the forums, btw.

Thanks - it's good to be back :)

Back