Technomage from childhood?

Babylon

Mongoose
I've got some questions about the Technomage class from the Technomage book (don't have one, but I'm thinking of purchase). In the Coming of Shadows book there is a Technomage prestige class, and it is said that this mage is one that was allowed in the order at later stage in life, but in the technomage book there will be mages that were taken as an apprentice in childhood, or as teenager (like the most technomages I think), and that such class will have more powers.
So what class is there in the book? I think it's still a prestige class, but if a person has been learning in the order since childhood, I think he must be pure Technomage from the beginning? Imagine that someone created such character, it's weird that he must take some basic class such a soldier and then advance in levels and work hard to meet the high requirements of Technomage? Okay, he's not a real Technomage from the start (only a student with chrysalys ;-), but he's definitely not diplomat or scientist either...
Oh, and about the requirements. Are they higher, lower, or the same as for Technomage from the Coming of Shadows? Especially the Intelligence 17+ and Wisdom 15+..

Hi, in The Technomage Book it is a Class and the Prestige Class from The Coming of Shadows is nothing compared to the Class. So The Technomage Book removes the Prestige Class, since you must be trained since childhood.

The Class has 20 levels (if the character wants to be a pure Technomage), but there are Prestige Classes for Technomages in the book too, like healer and destroyer etc. The Technomage is very powerfull since they can do a lot with their spells.

The Class has lower prerequisits than the prestige class from The Coming of Shadows.

There is a lot of info about them too, the book is purely focused on the Technomages, how they build stuff, their little spaceship, history, new races etc. If you like Technomages, it's a must have :)

Hope it helps.

Tegman said:
Hope it helps.
Thanks for the info! I will buy Technomages book. :) Making the Technomage a Class instead of Prestige Class is the only reasonable way in the case of learning since childhood. However, in comparison with the other basic classes, I think it brings some disbalance in the game.

The prestige classes for Technomage... Wow! :D I always think of the Technomage itself as the prestige class, and further advancement is simply COOL! :D

When you get the Technomage book, here is my page with character sheets. It has one for the Technomage and a planning sheet for figuring out your spell paths.

B5 RPG page

Kizarvexis

Babylon said:
However, in comparison with the other basic classes, I think it brings some disbalance in the game.
Yes, but in this case disbalance is a good thing as it fits with what was shown in the serie and the novels. Just as the Telepaths and the Ancients; they must be fearsome to have any impact. It would cheapen the experience if a technomage would have as much options as, say, a worker.

Remember, it all depends on the story and circumstances. A lurker can still save the day by turning the right switch (or whatever), while the high profile PCs are dishing it out elsewhere... It will be all the more impressive.

Kizarvexis said:
When you get the Technomage book, here is my page with character sheets. It has one for the Technomage and a planning sheet for figuring out your spell paths.
Thanks Kizarvexis, I've found many useful items there!

Babylon said:
Kizarvexis said:
Thanks Kizarvexis, I've found many useful items there!

Thank you, you're welcome. I haven't really figured out what to do next for a B5RPG cheatsheet that someone else hasn't already done. Any suggestions?

Kizarvexis

Kizarvexis said:

B5 RPG page

Kizarvexis

Just taken a look at your Technomage spell sheet for the 1st time: :shock: :D Great Job!
It makes things a lot clearer and I would most certainly say that it is essential to anyone running technomages!

Keep up the good work!!! :D

DW

Back