Taking Down a Tanker

Hello Everyone

I am new to this game, my only experience to Starship troopers is the Movie, the Animated Series and finally the Heinlein book.

My friends and I decided this game looked cool and it was worth a try.

That is my introduction, now to my question, as you can tell from the post topic, I am wondering what is the best way to take down a tanker, as I dont know the rules yet I am going on the fiction where tankers are tough bastard, what does the MI have to take them down with moderate ease?

Thanks in advance

Captain Paprika

Not guaranteed easy kills, but here are some useful things...

Marauders

Bombs from tac fighters

Snipers

Missile launchers

Nukes

or just being mobile and Jumping away...they are Mobile Infantry after all...not so much the LAMI though...

Missile Launchers from range as they get bonus of accurate

M8 in hand to hand as I don't think the tanker can react

If you're going down the Marauder route the Chickenhawk is the one to go for as it can fire holepunch missiles. The inability to jump and shoot at the same time slows it down and means that you have to choose between firing on the tanker or keeping out of spit range. A PAMI squad with two Javelins is probably a better choice as they can keep on the bounce and fire at the same time.

Yes I agree. Chickenhawks are the way to go. Use the blissard pack on it if your desperate, but I would simply use a chicken hawk and two MI squads with Javalins. That should take care of it in two or maybe three turns.

Chas Robots are also a good choice; they have the all important missile launcher; they can jump and shoot with it unlike the chicken hawk. It is cheaper and better in CC.

And when it dies in CC it gets a last retaliation attack, giving you one last chance. Also it has a flamer which can hurt a tanker as well.

daggers said:
M8 in hand to hand as I don't think the tanker can react

No but then again M8 CC attacks aren't going to be that big of a threat to tanker. Unless it's near dead anyway.

3 of them might be able to do it but are going to take some casualties together with.

And forget it if tanker happens to be of thorny variant ;-)

Back