Swallowing Prey

havercake lad

Banded Mongoose
Where there ever any rules for large creatures swallowing live prey in Mongooses RQ/Legend publications ? I know the old RQ Cliff Toad had rules for this type of attack.

We need to start a thread for Monster Traits. If I ever get clear of work, I'll go ahead. I would think this would make a great trait, something like, "Swallow Whole" along with spot rules for it.

Steve

Currently I am stating up a monster pike..these are after all creatures that sometimes die trying to swallow prey athat is nearly the same size as they are !

I did have some mechanics for swallowing on my wiki. Did it two ways - as a combat manoeuvre and as a combat action.

As a CM
Swallow (Critical Bite attack only): If a creature has the Swallow trait then it can automatically swallow whole any creature which is no more than 1/3rd of the creature's SIZ. Thus a SIZ 20 creature could swallow another creature of SIZ 6 or less. See the entry for Swallowing under Close Combat Situations for more details.

And
If a creature has the Swallow trait then as a Combat Action it can attempt to swallow whole any creature that it has Gripped with a Bite attack and which is no more than 1/3rd of the creature's SIZ. Thus a SIZ 20 creature could swallow another creature of SIZ 6 or less. A Swallow attack uses the creature's Bite skill at +40% and can be opposed with an Evade (or possibly Brawn in certain circumstances). The effects of being swallowed are generally asphyxiation, immersion in weak acid and, unless the creature is absolutely massive (something like 10 times the SIZ of the creature it swallowed) the equivalent of being completely entangled. Note that a creature can also automatically swallow as a Critical Combat Manoeuvre in which case it will happen as part of the same action as the Bite Attack.

Back