Sun Dome Templars

BClegg

Mongoose
Okay, I just got some of Fitzpatrick's (Crocodile) Spartan Hoplites. I want to paint them up as Sun Dome Templars. They've all got round shields, cloaks, and (as you'd suspect) hoplite style helmets and armor. My books are at home in the basement - what color should I paint these guys?

My first thought is bronze armor/weapons, yellow crests and cloaks, yellow/gold shields with a red sun rune in the center. Am I close?

Definitely bronze for starters, although gold may also be an option. Have they beards? Most Yelmalians should have beards. Hair should be blonde. Skin should look as unwashed as possible. It's more of a light cult than a sun cult though, so maybe some blue and white on the clothes? Runic associations are light and truth.

rune-light.gif
rune-truth.gif

O Dinas Powys said:
Don't foget the traditional greeting of "YO!" whenever two Yelmalions meet... :wink:
That explains all the "yo-yo"s out in front of the Sun Dome Temple every Sun Day! :D

rune-truth.gif
rune-light.gif
rune-truth.gif
rune-light.gif

My old copy of Sun County shows 2 men in Bronze armor and a third with a white Linen Breastplate. They have some Blue trimming and 2 have gold feathers in Helmet. Perhaps have those wearing Leather armor have their armor dyed White then. And perhaps have the trim on the armor be based on the unit with Sky blue being the Elite unit. Only color I know that would not be used is red. According to write up in Sun County its forbiden for a Rune level to ride a horse with a red saddle cloth or sleep under a red blanket only, but otherwie nothing is mention. But in practice wearing Red would be frowned upon. Perhaps the Only one that could safely wear red around Sun Domers would be a respect rune level of a friendly fire cult. And thats a maybe.

Back