start of centauri fleet

tneva82

Mongoose
Have had them almost painted for a while but without bases(which I needed to figure out better way than just glue the stick to them) didn't have inspiration to finish them. Not quite done still though. Bases need to be painted and there's few chips to paint(these have been sitting in coffins unvarnished for a long time and now I don't have right paint yet since I switched to vallejo). But atleast colour scheme can be seen.

Sorry about poor quality of pics. I'm lousy at taking pictures.

http://www.tneva.net/pics/acta/centauri

Nice. I bet they look awesome under a blacklight!

By the way, have you played this fleet yet? I noticed you have two Darkner/Amar ships there. I haven't had luck with those guys and am curious as to your experiences.

Also...you need more 20-sided dice. :lol:

Democratus said:
Nice. I bet they look awesome under a blacklight!

By the way, have you played this fleet yet? I noticed you have two Darkner/Amar ships there. I haven't had luck with those guys and am curious as to your experiences.

Also...you need more 20-sided dice. :lol:

No I haven't. Only ACTA games have been in vassal.

And what's that about 20-sided dices?-) There's just 4 of those :D I use them when I'm creating cities, ruins and catacombs for Conan RPG(though don't use the D20 rules for actual RPG's).

NIce

I'm not a fan of those colors from the show. When i get off my a$$ and paint, I'm going to try some schemes.

Interesting choice of paint colors. I love the Centauri, and I'm also in the midst of working on my boxed fleet. At the moment I'm assembling my Vorchans and Battlecruisers (name escapes me) and prepping them for priming. I already primed my Vorchans in black because I'm hoping that when I apply purple to them, they have a darker tone. While I appreciate the colors used in the show, and I will try to remain as faithful to them as I can, I'm planning on using colors that look realistic and won't get me laughed off the game table! :) I'll post some pics in the next few days.

I am usually a stickler for the canon look myself. But I have found the Centauri to be an exception. (So far my only exception).

I originally painted my fleet in a reddish purple (magenta?) / + gold & grey, reflecting canon.

Seeing many other forum members post their "true purple" Centauri over the years & also seeing Court Jesters excellent rendition of both schemes side by side made me move to the non canon look.

My posted shadow Vorchan may be the the first of my true purple Cantauri but certainly won't be the last.

It is also always good to see somebody elses new take on a fleet colour scheme.

Tneva, thanks for sharing & you certainly have a striking looking colour sheme going on there which I think perfectly reflects the Centauri mindset.

Hello,

Thats really nice ships. And I am sure this painting is unique. :D

BTW, I want to play Centauri, but according to lack of models I think I will made counters. I have set of old B5 counters sheets but on this sheets missing new ships. Do somebody have counters for those ships and can send it?
I am intersted in Rutarian, Dargan, Liati and Adira.

Thanks in advance!

Back