SRD Italian Translation

Great work, you finished quite a project with that translation. And I agree that your documents are a good source for other translation-projects. Open Office is a great program and even though LaTeX has it's advantages (if you are used to it anyway), it's not exactly easy to learn and it's rarely used in the non-scientific field. It should be easier for everyone with a "normal" office-program.

DirkD said:
Great work, you finished quite a project with that translation. And I agree that your documents are a good source for other translation-projects. Open Office is a great program and even though LaTeX has it's advantages (if you are used to it anyway), it's not exactly easy to learn and it's rarely used in the non-scientific field. It should be easier for everyone with a "normal" office-program.

You do a great work too :)
I have used your layout and pictures to make French translations.

Erik Mazoyer said:
You do a great work too :)
I have used your layout and pictures to make French translations.

Thanks, I'm honored that you took over the layout, but I didn't have to invest as much work as your team did. I made the graphics in 10 minutes and I already had a style-file for RuneQuest. Converting the documents and going over the tables took only a couple of hours.

A complete translation as a fan-project is another matter. Most of the time, projects like that start off with enthusiasm and some progress, but after a while it fades and you can be happy if you finish the project at all. Congratulations to your persistence.

Erik Mazoyer said:
Niki said:
...Do you know where I can find the fonts used in the RQ SRD luxury?
I'll join the Italian discussion group also...
Hi, I'm Erik Mazoyer and I make the French Translation of RQ SRD.
You can find the fonts used on :
http://www.le-scriptorium.com/~rq/.

If you want, you can also download the French RQ SRD made by OpenOffice (you can dowload the Pdf document or the OpenOffice Document).
Perhaps it will be more easy to you to create the Italian RQ SRD with OpenOffice than LaTeX.
It's up to you !

Thanks, Erik, for the link. The fonts are really beautiful. It's really too bad that there isn't an RQ italian translation yet...
I don't know what Open Office is... :oops:

-sorry for the long late in reply...I had some troubles with my internet connection...-

Niki said:
Erik said:
Hi, I'm Erik Mazoyer and I make the French Translation of RQ SRD.
You can find the fonts used on :
http://www.le-scriptorium.com/~rq/.

If you want, you can also download the French RQ SRD made by OpenOffice (you can download the Pdf document or the OpenOffice Document).
Perhaps it will be more easy to you to create the Italian RQ SRD with OpenOffice than LaTeX.
It's up to you !

Thanks, Erik, for the link. The fonts are really beautiful. It's really too bad that there isn't an RQ italian translation yet...
I don't know what Open Office is... :oops:

-sorry for the long late in reply...I had some troubles with my internet connection...-

OpenOffice.org è una suite per ufficio completa, rilasciata con una licenza libera e Open Source che ne consente la distribuzione gratuita. Legge e scrive file nei formati utilizzati dai prodotti più diffusi sul mercato e, a garanzia della futura accessibilità dei dati, nel formato OpenDocument, standard ISO. Consente inoltre l'esportazione in formato PDF.
http://it.openoffice.org/

Good courage for your translation.

If I can give you some advices for your translation:
  • Do not translate alone. Find one or two additional translators. It is long and discouraging, in several it is easier.
  • Each translates a chapter without layout. Then the others reread and correct (necessary).
  • After several rereadings, translation is incorporated in the document with layout. If you use OpenOffice, you can use the French OpenOffice document.
  • When everything is finished, you find reviewers which criticize the document.
  • After numerous debates, Italian SRD can be put online

Hello everyone, I'm not dead, i was just very busy with those damned examination (university, what a bad thing for your free tme).

The translation is started. I'm working on it with a friend of mine, and we decided to spread the transaltion-group to subdivide the work. For in the last few week it seemed that the SRD become very popular in Italy, and we are no more the only two gamers interested in its transaltion.

Many thanks to Erik Mazoyer for the fonts; we're also planning to use Open Office, so your job is a great help for us.

However, my friend would like a formal permission from the Mongoose before proceeding further with the translation. How can we get it?

The OGL specifies:

1 . ... (g) ‘Use’, ‘Used’ or ‘Using’ means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content.

4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.

So you are safe if you translate only open content. For an explicit allowance, you can probably mail (or pm) msprange.

Back