SQ for the Pinnace

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Firstly let me commend you all at Mongoose for a ripping good book!!!
You managed to gather the wisps of ideas imparted through one show and a trilogy into a workable class! Having gamed for years I could point out several failures with more information than you had.

I do have one question though (and I will be posting this to the rulesmaster as well)

Are there any Special Qualities for the Pinnace? For some reason I find it hard to fathom that with all they can do they can't create a jump point. Ahh well, my view may have diverged in that one area but I joyously cheer you in so many others.

Thanks,
Oscar

Maybe that is a "magic spell" that the pilot could do?

I ofter wondered how the TM could show up at a station like B5 without being detected. The TM would have to go through an airlock to get in, wouldn't he?

Sidney

I ofter wondered how the TM could show up at a station like B5 without being detected. The TM would have to go through an airlock to get in, wouldn't he?
Of course he does. But that does not mean that the guys in C&C will know... oh sure, they do have a nice control system that makes a lamp light up every time an airlock is opened, and another system that makes "beep" every time an airlock is opened without proper ID, but this is where the technomage's technomagic comes into the equation - and suddenly these two systems are convinced the airlock is still closed when in truth a whole group of technomages is stepping through it... and the third system that watches for any tampering is convinced everything is all right too. And the technomages will have micro-cameras watching the corridors for security patrols and wandering maintendence men, and computer daemons making sure they know of everything C&C does.

Read the TM trilogy for a view behind the scenes of technomagic - much of it, like the orange blossom that astonished Sheridan, is "just" half illusion and half shrewed information gathering.

So which spells would you see the TM using to gain access to a secure facility without letting security know?

Sidney

Whichever ones let him disguise himself...don't have to walk through walls to get onstation if you can just make them think you are someone else.

Although that's probably beside the point. Unfortunately I don't have my copy yet. But it might be possible for the mage to make a shield that stores plenty of atmosphere for him to breathe and then conceal his presense from scanners so he can go in through the loading bays.

My 2 bits...

Are there any Special Qualities for the Pinnace? For some reason I find it hard to fathom that with all they can do they can't create a jump point. Ahh well, my view may have diverged in that one area but I joyously cheer you in so many others.

I agree. I did not get a sense of general advanced technology.
To me the ship needed normal SQ and a few new of its own.

This was one of the areas I found missing.

I see a Techno-Mage Pinnance as having SQ Minbari Flight Computer, Artificial Gravity, Atmosphere Capable, Extremely Long-Range, Submersible*, Jump Point.

*due to hull strength I believe that it should be able go under water.

Not sure on the flight computer bit as this appears to be coverd by the Chrysalis ability under the ship description.

Anonymous said:
I agree. I did not get a sense of general advanced technology.
To me the ship needed normal SQ and a few new of its own.

This was one of the areas I found missing.

I see a Techno-Mage Pinnance as having SQ Minbari Flight Computer, Artificial Gravity, Atmosphere Capable, Extremely Long-Range, Submersible*, Jump Point.

*due to hull strength I believe that it should be able go under water.

Certainly something equivalent to the Minbari Flight Computer but not Minbari.

I'd agree with everything else on your list.

Sidney

Back