Spider God's Bride as a MRQ2 setting book

johnmarron

Mongoose
Last year I picked up a little indie D20 book called The Spider God's Bride by Morten Braten. The website is here:

http://xoth.net/publishing/xp1/index.htm

The book is excellent, and the author obviously "gets" pulp sword and sorcery in the Howard and Clark Ashton Smith style. The book was written for D20, but has lots of rules changes to bring D20 more into line with swords and sorcery (no alignment, armor absorbs damage, human only, etc.), but these would not be needed for a RQ version since RQ2 does S&S great already, without modification. Some of the adventures are a little dungeon-crawly for RQ (it was written for D20, after all), but are overall great.

I think RQ2 would be a great system for S&S gaming, and the setting for SGB (the world of Xoth) is a wonderful S&S setting, with none of the licensing hassles of trying to do an actual Conan RQ game.

I don't play D20, but the book is very adaptable to other systems. I could do a MRQ2 adaptation myself, but I'm lazy :)

I think it would be a great product for Mongoose. If it would help even a small amount to increase the chances that this would become a reality, I'd happily buy Matt, Pete, and Loz copies of the PDF of Spider God's Bride, that's how much I'd like to see this come out for MRQ2.

John

johnmarron said:
I think it would be a great product for Mongoose. If it would help even a small amount to increase the chances that this would become a reality, I'd happily buy Matt, Pete, and Loz copies of the PDF of Spider God's Bride, that's how much I'd like to see this come out for MRQ2.
John I'd love to take you up on the offer, but you'd need to convince both Matt and Morten Braten first. If you can get their permissions I'll gladly do a conversion.

Mongoose Pete said:
johnmarron said:
John I'd love to take you up on the offer, but you'd need to convince both Matt and Morten Braten first. If you can get their permissions I'll gladly do a conversion.

Allright, now I see this as a challenge! Time to start bombarding Matt and Morten with emails...

BTW - I'm running a one-shot of an adventure from Spider God's Bride using the MRQ2 rules at a local gaming meetup tomorrow. If it goes as well as my Vikings demo, should be lots of fun.

John

I would buy this without hesitation (& I already bought The Spider-God's Bride despite Lulu's costly shipping!).

I think RQII is perfect for Swords & Sorcery!

Rusty

I borrowed a copy of SPider God's Bride from a friend, and gave it a quick skim. Thought it was excellent, and would make a tremendous RQII setting.

Back