Soooo... did you get more excited?

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I would rather Adam not be punished for someone else's language, if thats OK?

Lol yes, that's okay.
It still sounds hypocritical to me - at least you should think that no one would have ever recognized it if you hadn't complained about it - but it's okay.
I won't use these words on my own but I still can't see what's so bad on them.

About the Forth:
They seem to be a well-rounded design, very alien. Maybe inspired by some animes or mangas (or books like 'The War of the Words') but all fits together in that concept and fits into the universe and that is what counts.

They do not have such an "uff, what the hell is THAT (fridges on legs?)"-Effect that the "do you want to be my friend"-Tau had.

A mate once said:
"Mankind is a monster. Orks are a monster. Tyranids are a monster. Eldar in their own elegant way are a monster.
Tau are the guy who walks into the haunted mansion with a flashlight."

Hiromoon said:
It's far more than what you think.... Trust me...

Think: Del Monte.

They won't listen Dude, they aren't proper "Troopers" kwim?

To paraphrase -

"I only have one rule, everyone plays - no one quits. If you don't play Starship Troopers - I'll shoot you"

LMAO!

Lieutenant Rasczak said:

I think the Forth are the 'Tau' of SST, and probably deliberately so. Tau are a very popular 40k Army, and the Forth are mostly likely intended as the 'carrot' to tempt players over.

If it was, it's working. I'm a big fan of the Tau, and I certainly want to play them! :D

Personally, I can see allot of similarity between the GW's Tau and the Forth, but there are also wonderfully subtle differences there too, like the Forth's "mind-link" style communication, lack of Tau-esque Castes, the Forth superior intellect compared to the Tau's dynamism.

Big kudos to Mat Sprange, for his latest two M.I articles on the Kodiaks and the Marauders, and the Forth. :)

Stonehorse said:
I was going for humour and Sarcasim...I know that the name Ethereal was never used in S&P, what I did was a name swap to show how Mongoose have Plagarized the idea. I'm against Plagarism (which is why I can't spell it :wink: ), influencing on the other hand is a great thing when done correctly.

Note though that the Forth fellow a) came to society in order, not one with war with one another b) made it all NON-OK. From peacefull society into one looking for conquests...

You could say Prophet to be anti-Ethereal. Exact opposite...

(well. If I can remember first hints of Forth fluff anyway)

tneva82 said:
Note though that the Forth fellow a) came to society in order, not one with war with one another b) made it all NON-OK. From peacefull society into one looking for conquests...

You could say Prophet to be anti-Ethereal. Exact opposite...

True enough, but I think what Stonehorse was referring to is that in the article in the latest S&P WGing, the Prophet was the individual who also united the primitive Forth.

Now it seems, according to the Forth overview on their mainpage, "a mysterious individual known as the Prophet, who preaches a return to the old ways of violence and tyranny, as an essential tool for survival" evidently feels they should revert,

Oh, and we don't know enough about this Prophet guy to compare him to Tau Ethereals in my opinion - What position does he hold in Forth society? Is it the same one who united the primitive Forth?

More data is required. :wink:

On a more "Forthy" note, I can't wait for them - I am really excited.

I have a friend who loves to play games but has no talent (or time Lol) for painting, he loves the look of the Forth.

Suits me, another opponent!!!!!

The Forth Walkers really do look more like the Invid Machines from Robotech than anything that GW have released for the Tau.

Its the 'Manga-Esque' Quality that reminds you of the Tau.

Couldn't agree more, Lt. I will definitely be getting me some of them as soon as I can get my grubby mitts on some. :lol:

Back