Something I would like to see Mongoose publish: World Colonization

Spartan159

Banded Mongoose
Like it says on the tin, rules, problems, solutions, equipment, needs etc etc to start a colony, from a low tech bootstrap to a high tech insta-colony. Bonus if it discusses Imperial politics needed. Maybe a colony ship or three (Sublight rock, Jump Sphere, whatever). Extra bonus points: rules for aging the colony, potential disasters and whatnot

The previous Tools for Frontier Living for 2300 had a lot of that (well, for 2300). I'm not sure if that will be part of the new one, and that one is due this month. More likely though, I would guess (and Matthew might correct me) that it is more likely to be a component of or the focus of 2300AD: Building the Frontier, which is out in next year sometime.

Yep, 2300AD seems to be going big on this idea -

- 2300AD: Building the Frontier
- World Builder's Handbook

There is also mooted to be 2300AD: Invasion coming, although this may be a more Core Worlds thing and may be an actual campaign?

Yep, 2300AD seems to be going big on this idea -

- 2300AD: Building the Frontier
- World Builder's Handbook

There is also mooted to be 2300AD: Invasion coming, although this may be a more Core Worlds thing and may be an actual campaign?
Well, World Builder's Handbook is Traveller, but no reason why it can't be used for 2300 as well... it's point-in time systems, worlds, way too much detail on the UWPs and will also deal with what resides in 'empty' hexes...

Back