some topics for games

it's worked for me a few times already.

I've been adapting some original law and order episodes for use with Dredd. I've done it 2 times already. If you are hurting for ideas or plots .. they are a great place to start. It also has been helping me with completing the arc for the stories.

Anyway ... just wanted to throw it out there for anyone else.

V

Why stop at Law and Order? Ideas can just as easily be nabbed from Mrs Marple or old wild west movies! I remember reading the short write up in a TV magazine for the film Water World, it got the ol' brain ticking and I came up with the Judge Dredd game Walter's World (the premise of finding a map was there but little else from the movie remained!). It can be fun adapting a program or film into Judge Dredd and you'll often find that by the time you've gone through the process your scenario bears little resemblance to the original and is in fact quite 'original' itself! :D

You, know if you played the basic plots of Call of Cthulhu scenarios for action and laughs, updated to a Mega City One backdrop, you could generate a lot of plots for Judge Dredd right there.

TrippyHippy said:
You, know if you played the basic plots of Call of Cthulhu scenarios for action and laughs, updated to a Mega City One backdrop, you could generate a lot of plots for Judge Dredd right there.

Like Collect Call of Cthulhu?
The blasphemous secrets of the Unspeakable Black Book - which must never, ever be spoken aloud - pose a terrible threat to mankind! 1920s investigators would scream, gibber, and go insane.

Judges, on the other hand would shrug, shout something about 'illegal ectoplasmic manifestation within city limits', and open up with everything at their disposal... :twisted:

Back