Some things I'd like to see

A

Anonymous

First of all I'd like to say I'm impressed with the work that was done on the system. I like the way it captures the feel of the gamebooks (down to the artwork on the edges of the pages, changing BAB to Combat Skill and HP to Endurance, and the 'random number table at the back': Obviously another table I'll have to memorize... :D I'm also looking forward to picking up a copy of the Darklands when it is released.

Some things I'd like to see in future supplements include:

New Character Classes:

The Vakeros (Warrior Magicians of Dessi). We get an inkling of some of their capabilities in the Grandmaster books, and it doesn't seem like they're just Fighter/Magicians of Dessi!

Expansion to Magic Rules
The Shianti/Elder Magi Greater Magics outlined (from the fourth book of Grey Star)

Separate Sourcebooks for both Northern Magnamund and Southern Magnamund

These are the ones I can think of at the moment; given time I'm sure I can come up with some others! :D

Expansion to Magic Rules
The Shianti/Elder Magi Greater Magics outlined (from the fourth book of Grey Star)

This is, according to what I interpret from a few recent posts, already being worked on in a magic supplement.

The vakeros might be included.

I'd really like to see the advanced Shianti magics, as well as the Grandmaster disciplines. Both for Epic levels perhaps. It was mentioned elsewhere, but a new order supplement with stats for the classic characters from the books would be a -major- bonus too.

Oh, I can dig why they don't post stats for the major characters - since the setting was 50 years before Lone Wolf and Grey Star books 1.

I'm not sure I'd really be too interested in the Grandmaster Disciplines in light of that context. Lone Wolf was s'posed to be the first one, ever (and then after him there's a bunch within 5 years, go figure! :wink: ) Perhaps as a download?

Oh I know the setting is before the actual books. I personally would sooner play in the later setting. A download for a more current setting with the major characters, items, ect would be fine by me. With the grandmaster disciplines of course :wink:

I hope that in this future magic supplement they're talking about publishing they give us details on the Cener Druids and more on Ruel. I think the game could do with another major antagonist who isn't directly tied to the Darklords.Wether or not Cener Druids should be avaliable as PC's I'm not so sure about.
I don't really care one way or another about rules for the Shianti and the greater magiks but the Vakeros would be great for a PC class.

Yeah the Vakeros would have been nice but I guess the authors were looking for racial diversity in many ways and they already had the Mages of Dessi.

Besides it gives us something to look forward too. ;)

I just have one question for the folks out there which has me kind of puzzled as I have noticed this request in a few threads...The book has just been released and in many (most) places still has yet to arrive yet folks are beginning to ask for epic level supplements?

Surely other sourcebooks and material would be better suited than Epic levels since the game has just been released...I mean just how often are you guys playing and how much XP is being awarded in those games? I know that Epic level stuff is the culmination of years of RPing for my group who play every Sunday from Midday-9pm...Wouldn't you rather have more supplements that help mould the character before you reach those heady god-like heights? Or are folks starting as Epic level characters (which seems to take the fun out of the achievement a tad, IMO)...

For my own purposes I would like to see the epic levels because I have been playing a Kai character for a long time now. Homegrown rules and the like. So the option of actually seeing that character realized in an actual system just makes me drool in anticipation. But even for those that want to start off with a campaign sometime around book 21 or so having the Grandmaster disciplines, and ideally published stats for the major characters, would be a must. Thats what I am looking for, I like the lonewolf setting, but I also like the story. I'd sooner build on that, then create a campaign with characters that no matter what trials they face and survive in a game I know where they end up on that fateful day. To each they're own :wink:

i think the reason why so many people are praying for a epic level book is just that everybody wants to see the ultimate goal of a character

it is nice to be a level 3 hero, but knowing what you will be able to do as a level 25 hero is just a goal you must reach asap

people go crazy and yelling for more adventure just to get the "epic darklord killing feat" :)

Holmes said:
Oh, I can dig why they don't post stats for the major characters - since the setting was 50 years before Lone Wolf and Grey Star books 1.

I'm not sure I'd really be too interested in the Grandmaster Disciplines in light of that context. Lone Wolf was s'posed to be the first one, ever (and then after him there's a bunch within 5 years, go figure! :wink: ) Perhaps as a download?

I understand and concede to that point Holmes, and like I originally said, it might be better left as an article for S&P. Point is, at some point in time, most LW GMs are more than likely going to include one or more of the "classic characters" in some way within their plots. I know I am, especially since the campaign I'm drawing up only takes place 3-4 years before the Massacre of the Kai.

Besides, it'd just be cool to have them stat'ed out, don't ya think?

Back