Solomon Kane uncut?

Teutonic

Mongoose
Hi Folks. I have read the SK Stories in a German translation from the 70ies. Now I heard the US books from this time are censored by the publisher because of the political correctness. So the German translation of the stories is censored, too. Can someone tell us what things are changed?

Teutonic said:
Hi Folks. I have read the SK Stories in a German translation from the 70ies. Now I heard the US books from this time are censored by the publisher because of the political correctness. So the German translation of the stories is censored, too. Can someone tell us what things are changed?

Having read only the version by delrey I think the cesoring is about "racist" stuff (like the quoting at the end of my posts). Since Solomon Kane is virtualy non-sexual compared to CONAN, there would have been no need to "correct" such chapters.

I read the Terra Fantasy books, so do you know how many things are changed. When I read the stories I missed your quote...

If possible I recommend getting the current edition published by Del Rey. This volume includes all the original material first written by Howard.

While not as sexist as the Conan stories, SK does include a number of passages that can be thought of as extremely racist by todays standards.

Back