So

chrono_hal

Mongoose
Ok, I now have a good overview of the book. I won't say that it's very good since everybod else has already said that.

(That said, it is very good.)

Instead I will tell what goes wrong with it ; three words : bestiary, herbology, map.

- The bestiary is really ridiculous. I understand that the lack of space could not allow to place more monsters but a homage has to be paid to the imagination of Joe Dever and the fantastic diversity of strange and very characteristic monsters of his world. With the thread "Monster" on this forum and what August has written there however, I have good hope to see this point fixed in a near future.

- Herbology. It has already been debated here even before the book arrived in shops but definitely it is cruely missing. Apart from Lampsur, little is said on the dozens of medicinal herbs, potions, poisons and drugs that were described in the Lone Wolf and Grey Star gamebooks. To my sense, that was an important part of the "feeling" of the world. A "Madin Rendalim's guide to herbs and potions" would be definitely necessary (why not in the shape of a downloadable pdf or an article in S&P ?)

- The Map. Something's totally wrong with the Map.
It's wonderful ! I want another one to put it over my desk !

Interesting points. I too, love the game, but agree on the bestiary (i would have liked more, and better monster art). Definitely need more herbs, and herb info. And yes, please put out a map that i can take out of my book! You know, it would be great for a future issue of signs and portents. Perhaps an article on herbs in the same magazine? :)

I also agree with all of the above points. The map being so well fastened to the back cover that I can't get it out is particularily annoying as I usualy frame this kind of map in a robust frame and hang it. Alas not an option with this stunning map. :?

Guys, thanks for the praise.

As for the comments, it was honestly a matter of how much room we had in one book. There is enough in the Bestiary to get a campaign started and running for a while; beyond that... well...

We have to have room for suppliments right? :)

-A

Patience, young grasshopper.

The Darklands in coming out this month and Magic of Magnamund is finished (and looking sweet, as fans of both the Shianti Sorcerers and the Vakeros should be very happy) and just in editing now.

It's a good year for Lone Wolf fans!

-A

(And there are other projects I cannae talk about, but you ~will~ be pleased.)

My only complaint is that the book can't be opened and laid flat as a reference whilst gaming or doing something else. Is there any chance that the paper used in the books can be less rigid? The book acts more like a softbound book does because it can't lay flat when opened.

KL, who has bound hardcover books with heavy # paper before and seen similar results

Mongoose August said:
Magic of Magnamund is finished (and looking sweet, as fans of both the Shianti Sorcerers and the Vakeros whould be very happy) and just in editing now.

Does this mean we will see it before the November date quoted previously?

I think peased is an uderstatement, Fans of Lone Wolf are quite likely bouncing off the walls with excitement, just like i'm currently doing. :shock: :D

Mongoose August said:
[...] Magic of Magnamund is finished (and looking sweet, as fans of both the Shianti Sorcerers and the Vakeros whould be very happy) and just in editing now. [...] (And there are other projects I cannae talk about, but you ~will~ be pleased.)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: out of five! :D

Shadow said:
[...] Fans of Lone Wolf are quite likely bouncing off the walls with excitement, just like i'm currently doing. :shock: :D
And off the ceiling and floor as well, right? ... Right?? ... Please don't tell me I'm acting weirdly with that ... :wink:

Paido, just passing the keyboard on the way from a wall to the ceiling :D

Yep me too!

This is realy fantastic news. Cheers August this has revitalised Lone Wolf you only have to look at some of the fan contributions that have been generated on this forum by the RPG. Great work. :D

Eternalknight said:
Mongoose August said:
Magic of Magnamund is finished (and looking sweet, as fans of both the Shianti Sorcerers and the Vakeros whould be very happy) and just in editing now.

Does this mean we will see it before the November date quoted previously?

Probably not. These things take a while to do (editing, printing, distribution, etc.) before being ready for release, but it is good news, as it's less than a month after August asked us for ideas on the types of Wizards we wanted to see in that supplement.

Back