So, You want more ships?

SovietAlex

Mongoose
From reading other post on this site, I know I'm not the only one who would like to see more ships in VaS. So, what are we going to DO about it? I would therefore like to take this chance to post some new playtest designs, and hope that others will add more. Play with them, play against them, and please post feedback. :mrgreen:

Ships of this class: USS Alaska, USS Guam
Priority: Battle
Speed: 7in
Armour: 4+
In Service: 1944
Turning: 1
Target: 4+
Special Traits: Aircraft (4), Radar, Torpedo Belt.
Damage: 31 / 10?
Crew: 53 / 18?

Weapons Range AD DD Special
A-Turret (3 x 12") 35in 3 1
B-Turret (3 x 12") 35in 3 1
X-Turret (3 x 12") 35in 3 1
Secondary 12in 3 1 Weak
AA 8in 12 -

Designed to deal with Axis raiding cruisers, their combination of speed, firepower and protection made them natural consorts to the fast carrier groups. In game terms, something other than the antique New York class at this priority; faster but not as tough.

Ships of this Class: Fuso, Yamashiro, Ise, Hyuga
Priority: Battle
Speed: 5in
Armour: 5+
In Service: 1937
Turnng: 1
Target: 4+
Special Traits: Aircraft (3), Torpedo Belt.
Damage: 39 / 13
Crew: 53 / 17

Weapons Range AD DD Special
A-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
B-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
P-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
Q-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
X-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
Y-Turret (2 x 14") 39in 2 2 AP
Secondary 15in 7 1 Weak
AA 8in 3 -

The two Fusos and two very similar Ises formed the Second Battleship Division of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Fuso and Yamashiro were sunk in the last battleship duel of the war in the Surigao Strait. Ise and Hyuga were converted into hybrid battleship carriers after the battle of Midway.

Glad to hear there is a 'lotsa ships' supplement on the way. As there are so many vessels during WW2 would it possible that the way in which ships are rated can be be provided?

I think everyone who has the game is still going to get the supplement but it'd be handy (and damn decent) to let us be able to rate specific or odd vessels as the Mongoose can't realistically be expected to provide all ship stats.

Any chance you can pass on the official method of ship and plane ratings please?

Cheers

HappyW

Any chance of some American & Japanese light carriers? (Independance Class, Ryujo, etc.)? PLEEEEASE!

Looking forward to the new release, whenever it hits the shelves. :mrgreen:

at present I think the approach taken by those of use developing new stats are to take Conways 1922-1946 volume and work through each of the major countries, statting up just about everything. Then the editor will pare down the lists created so that it fits the book. I expect that the ships that don't make the cut will find their way onto the streets sometime thereafter as well :)

There was a time, I believe, when Jane's Fighting Ships was the standard first point of reference. I've seen copies covering WWII oin my local library.

The Conways books have supplanted Janes as the "standard" for pre-1946 warships. They have benefitted froma considerable degree of post-war research and analysis.

I made a comment about wanting stats for the Emden (only cos I've got it).

How are these:

Emden (1925)

Priority level: Skirmish
Speed: 6"
Turning: 2
Target: 5+
Armour: 3+
Special: None

Damage: 7/2
Crew: 25/8

Weapons:
Secondaries: Range 26", AD=3, DD=1, Special=Weak,