So ... Book 18?

WritingWolf

Mongoose
Just wondering when we are going to be able to pre-order? Hopefully it will be this summer with Book 19 ready for Christmas.

WritingWolf said:
Just wondering when we are going to be able to pre-order? Hopefully it will be this summer with Book 19 ready for Christmas.

I was wondering who was gonna crack first and ask the question.

I've been fighting the urge for a while. :wink:

Thanks for that - I hadn't spotted it either! If all goes well looks like we shall have two books soon then! :D

And I'd been considering asking for awhile but thought, "no, leave it until June" :lol:

My question is:

Will the book be delayed now that Pascal Quidault has announced that he will not work for Mongoose anymore? He did some work for book 18 but I seem to understand that it will not be used. Who's going to replace him?

(Okay, that was two questions)

I wasd just about to pop in and say the same thing - we have had an artist drop out of this project at the 11th hour (all text is done), and we are talking to a handful of artists now that we believe can continue the project.

BlackCat said:
You just need to check the release schedule: it's for August.

What's the point? The Lone Wolf books haven't been anywhere in the ballpark of the 'release schedule' since about 2008. If it isn't a disappearing artist, it's a printing problem. If not the printer's, then it's still on Dever's desk. Or a tardy bonus adventure manuscript. Or a cover artist instead of an interior artist. But whatever it is, there is always going to be some reason why no Lone Wolf books ever make it out when we are told they will be out.

As clearly evidenced by the fact that it is now a month til Christmas and this book has yet to appear on my doorstep.

I don't think they've ever really been even close to the ballpark, but I'm sure that in the "State of the Mongoose" this year, there'll be another apology and a promise of "We'll do better next year." As that seems to be about one book every eleven months or so, it shouldn't be all that hard, but... I won't be holding my breath.

I really feel that Lone Wolf Solo has a very low priority in the grand scheme of things at Mongoose. I was an original Megadeal customer and to be honest, it's put me off ordering anything from Mongoose ever again. As soon as my order is complete (I DO believe! I DO believe!) I'll be severing all ties. If anything ever did come up that I felt I really couldn't live without, I'd go through Amazon or one of the online RPG retailers *after* the book was actually "on shelf". I just don't have any faith in Mongoose as a company to meet their promises which is kind of sad. I know I do joke at their expense in a lot of my posts here, but I actually have a great deal of respect for what they've accomplished for the RPG industry, I just wish some more of the energy and commitment that promotes and expands some of their other game systems went into supporting LW solo.

Mark.

It wasn't so bad early on, though still wasn't even close to the promised release schedule (and rather absurdly re-promised two State of the Mongoose's ago). It's not just the missed deadlines that's frustrating but that they always promise news and "Expect an update soon!" but never give it (or they outright lie). Even after Book 18 comes out, there are still ten more regular books to be released plus the last four. With the current (virtually non-existent) level of customer support, we should have all the books by 2022-23 (assuming the "Let's treat the LW customers like crap," attitude doesn't progress any further).

I joked a couple of years ago about hoping that the books would be ready before I retire. Everyone laughed and said, "At least things aren't that bad!". Well, guess what?

All right, a point of clarification is in order here.

Mongoose did not produce these maps. They had nothing to do with the maps aside from being awesome and offering to help make them available for sale.

These maps come from Joe Dever himself and a hand-picked group who have no part in writing the books. Thus, the maps are in no way delaying the books.

Just wanted to make that point. Game on. :)

Back