Slaine Reborn?

It doesn't matter anyway as Mongosoe Acolyte was working on the chronicles in his free time (or so I was told).
Whatever he does now and whereever he is, I just hope this adventure/campaign comes to fruition.

I know that this was his own work King. Thats the point. If it was not purchased or optioned(or whatever) by Mongoose then he's free to provide it to us in the same way that another, previously mentioned, author has.

Some people might ask,why would he?

Well, when Herve said he had run(and enjoyed) a Conan adventure that I wrote and posted on that particular forum, I was absolutely delighted. If I had an entire campaign background ready and even one other person used it, I would not deem it to have been a waste of my time and talent even if I didn't wind up getting paid for the work.

Slaine is probably my favourite RPG, so I'm happy to see that it is getting pondered upon personally I would spend that type of money (I know just a leather front+back is worth 20 notes), saying that I would like to see some thought go into fresh stuff to get a bit of excitment going, and i'm fed up being "cheated" with B+W, Slaine needs to be vibrant, I need to see crimson ichor spray from sundered heads and the rotting green flesh of piles of carcases.

Hionhurn said:
bump :wink:

I suppose that with the recent success of Legend, maybe we'll see a new Slaine book nafter all.

I'd also love to see the ABC Warriors get their promised book now that the Robots book is out for Traveller.

The new digest format for Legend does make a new Slaine book more possible - though I don;t think it will be as colourful as I would like...

My initial reaction to a Slaine reboot for Mrq2 was negative, to say the least. However, In retrospect and having now played Mrq2/Legend, I can safely say that I have changed my mind.
Please do a Legend reboot of Slaine. :D
The combat system will lend itself perfectly to this setting and will allow a few of the minor glitches to be ironed out regarding Salmon Leap etc.
I think that 'beyond the Wailing Marsh' would make an excellent introductory adventure (based on a previous MRQ1 conversion that I played in). You could even convert it and provide it as a free PDF to lure in new players upon release of the book. :D

I'm thinking maybe even do a series of pocket book editions. Keeps costs down and allows for books that were never released in the D20 or RQ releases and brings folks in. Would love to see Slaine get new products however there has to be new content as well otherwise there is no point.

A big mega tome would be awesome but probably not the most affordable for most.

I really would like to see a Slaine RPG. However, I think a Slaine miniatures game is likely to turn up first...

A Slaine miniature game would be cool, and also provide some decent themed figures for supporting rpging.

Are Mongoose accepting submissions for Slaine? and would it need to be in Legend RPG ruleset, rather than the previous d20, which I assume has been totally dropped?

Before we can accept submissions for Slaine, we need a core book for it - and yes, we would be looking only for Legend rules.

You can start off with just the core rulebook;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/legend/legend.html

_Maybe_ add Monsters and Arms of Legend to the mix and, once those are digested, some people have found some scope with Blood Magic.

But the core book would be enough to kick you off!

I was previously STANDING-STONE and I am now BRAINBITER.

For some reason, it won't except my email and password whne it asks me to login on this site.

The only reason I am logged in now is because of the Email activation.

Back