Ship Shapes

Tee/Five has three options, one that you can use for damage control for the lanthanum grid.

In theory, you could use a jump net to cover protruding parts of the hull.

Though more literally, you could cover the hull with in like camouflage netting, and dispense with the jump bubble.
There is no lanthanum grid. Lanthanum is used in the drive coils. There is a hull grid, but it is not mentioned what it is made of, whereas the lanthanum jump coils are explicitly mentioned.

There is no lanthanum grid. Lanthanum is used in the drive coils. There is a hull grid, but it is not mentioned what it is made of, whereas the lanthanum jump coils are explicitly mentioned.
Lanthanum grids I believe are from a previous edition of Traveller, although which one I am not sure.

Edit: 1st Edition MegaTraveller Starship Operators' Manual

The Imperial Navy p.78 refers to jump grids as if they were universal.
Which would make sense if the GINORMOUS jump bubble was actually a problem in some measurable way. Also, I think MgT2e neither bubbles or grids actually do anything, except grids might cost more? If grids actually weakened hull armor, failed when the grid is broken from damage, and increased jump flash like they do in T5, the Imperial Navy would be dumb AF to use them. Especially since the one advantage they have (80 diameter jump instead of 100) goes away the instant you have to repair them, because repairs other than a full rebuild make your ship count as having Plates, which have a 140D jump point...

giphy.gif

The Astrogation Wizard™

"Select from the following destinations and press Next..."
MWM already did that:
T5.10, B2, p121:
Scout Eneri Dinsha 777777 (with no Astrogator skill) of the Scout/Courier Murphy TL-12 plans a jump-2. He simply touches the desired world on a screen and selects from several options. The local Console-12 resolves the 2D Astrogation Task with TL-12. Even though the task is uncertain, C+S=12 guarantees success.

Back