Ship Combat

George Kelln

Banded Mongoose
Ship Combat

The situation is: Ship A's Gunner is manning a triple turret housing 2x Pulse Lasers and 1x Sandcaster

1. In his combat turn Ship A's Gunner ATTACKS Ship B, firing the 2x Pulse Lasers at it
2. Now in the same combat turn (but after Ship A) Ship B fires a Beam Laser at Ship A; now can the gunner in Ship A as a "Reaction" fire his Sandcaster in his turret at the coming laser?

Yes.

Unlike the Point Defence reaction, there is no limiting language preventing you from using sand in the same round as you attack with another weapon.

There is not even any limit to how many times per round you can disperse sand, other than ammo limitations. The Referee may want to house-rule that...

AnotherDilbert said:
Yes.

Unlike the Point Defence reaction, there is no limiting language preventing you from using sand in the same round as you attack with another weapon.

There is not even any limit to how many times per round you can disperse sand, other than ammo limitations. The Referee may want to house-rule that...

Thank you

I guess it depends on what the definition of fire, is.

I get the implication that only one weapon type per turret can be actively activated per round.

I rather suspect opening the breech and shoving another canister into the launcher takes about as long as a missile.

Back