Ship Basing

I had been reading the forum and am looking forward to the release of the rules, since I own a fairly good amount of GHQ and other 1/2400 scale ships which i purchased about 18-20 years ago I will be going with this scale. I would like to start baseing my miniatures, the question i have is, are there any guide lines as to the size of the bases?

I have read the preview and it looks like all measurements are going to be from the center of the ship so does the base size really matter?

if not what would be an appropriot size for the bases of ships this size?

I use 1/2400 GHQ ships.

I just got some custom plywood bases from www.litkoaero.com. I use these guys for my Flames of War stuff as well. I went with:

1" x 2 1/2" for DDs

1" x 3 1/2" for CAs

1" x 5" for BBs and CVs

I use the standard 1/8" thick plywood as it gives enough thickness to grab onto but they make thicker and thinner bases as well. I also get mine with a 1/8" radius corner which gives a nice rounded corner but still leaves the stand reasonably square (or rectangular in this case).

I debated about going with a 3/4" x 2 1/2" for the DDs but in the end decided to just keep it all a consistent width. I'll base my aircraft (1/1200 CAP Aero) on 1" x 1" square bases.

Back