Shameless Plug for New Previews.

Rurik

Mongoose
I for one would love to see the critical/fumble tables from the companion.

But I'll take anything at this point. :)

Okay, cough up a preview or the mongoose goes for a little "flight"! :D

118fs204378.jpg

I'm so dying for some previrews. I SHOULD have the companion next week if all is on schedule. I can't wait to see more on the Glorthana book too. I'm on the fence with Conan or Glorthana.

atgxtg said:
Okay, cough up a preview or the mongoose goes for a little "flight"! :D

118fs204378.jpg

LOL!

I would not be surprised if we do not get to see any new previews for a while, especially with all the commotion that was raised even before the Main rulebook was relased with the two-roll combat and combat chart discussions and complaints..

As a game designer, it is no fun sharing something with the fans just to get scholded, insulted, and generally racked down upon.

But then, previews are a good sales pitch...

Archer said:
I would not be surprised if we do not get to see any new previews for a while, especially with all the commotion that was raised even before the Main rulebook was relased with the two-roll combat and combat chart discussions and complaints..

As a game designer, it is no fun sharing something with the fans just to get scholded, insulted, and generally racked down upon.

But then, previews are a good sales pitch...

Well the release or even the the Players PDF didn't help with the complaints about the combat tables - those are still ongoing. There are even people using or considering using the two roll system as it really looks like that was how the game was originally designed.

And response to the setting Material has been pretty positive I think. A cults preview would be nice too.

They made some drastic changes to a system that has a pretty devoted fan base that has survived for years with no publisher supporting it. They had to expect some fallout. Most of the so called 'haters' have left the board and the criticisms now have been pretty constructive, and are usually accompanied with suggested remedies. It is an open system after all.

Besides, without previews we are just finding new things to bitch about - we spent two days on Play Instrument being CHA based. We need something with real substance to argue about! :D

Yeah, from what I've read, the fallout has actually been a lot less than what Mongoose was bracing for. I guess at the early cons they were getting like a 50% "they hate you" reaction.

Although, I suspect the full impact of those who don't like MRQ won't be felt right away. It will depend on which way thesales go over the next few months, up or down.

Maybe we should all volunteer for online play testing! Heck I'd even do free proof reading if they want it. :D

Back