Shamans of Firella

Hopeless

Mongoose
Am playing in an older version of runequest and the player running a shaman of Firella I believe I've got the name wrong but she's supposed to represent fire and he's asking for details for running his character.

Now I've recently got hold of 3rd edition and am looking into Mongoose's first version of Runequest and I was wondering what advise would you provide regarding shamans?

He's been having problems advancing his character since he's managed to increase his POW so he could become a Runepriest but he's had little luck setting up his own shrine even with his exploits being spoken about.

My character in this game although a member of Humakt has made a point of telling people about what his character had done due to him actually pulling off summoning his deity to fight off a chaos demon.

Now the reason I'm asking about this is because I was impressed enough with the game that I'm looking into developing one based around the Pathfinder setting (Rise of the Runelords being one I'd like to run) and I wanted to ask your advise regarding shamans, cults and developing shrines to their faith since I'd like to know more on this matter.

Hopefully that was clear since I have a habit of being a little too obscure for my own good!

Hopeless said:
Now I've recently got hold of 3rd edition and am looking into Mongoose's first version of Runequest and I was wondering what advise would you provide regarding shamans?
3rd Edition as in the Avalon Hill version? You won't have much luck with those rules on this forum as that is a different publisher's version of the rules, and shamanism was very different to how Moongoose have handled it. I don't think First Edition Mongoose RQ has shamanism rules either, you need RQ2 for the new Spirit Magic rules.

I think the name your looking for is Firshalla, or some such. Probably the one from Griffin Mountain, Elder Wilds. She would be a shaman cult for sure, in MRQII, I think they even write a version of her up somewhere.

The new rules for shamans are actually quite nice. I have been converting an old character to get a feel for the rules and like them alot, you might think about getting them as they also have the benefit of being well supported.

In fact, if the Cult of the Fire Dancer on p.153 of the new rulebook isn't inspired by Firshalla, then I'm a monkey's uncle...

Ultor said:
In fact, if the Cult of the Fire Dancer on p.153 of the new rulebook isn't inspired by Firshalla, then I'm a monkey's uncle...

She most certainly is.

Back