Shadows over ...

A wealthy Merchant, A Demon- A debt owed and an impending Human sarcrifice.

Shadows over Bogehafen is an ideal Conan adventure. It is a Warhammer RPG adventure and is still in Print.

It would be a great oppurtunity for the Civilisation V Barbarism theme- like 'God in a Bowel' or 'Rogues in the House'

Set it in any hyborian Country- most suitibly Nemidia, Corinthia or Aquilonia

There are very few Combat Stats needed so conversion is easy

ZamorianBlade said:
It would be a great oppurtunity for the Civilisation V Barbarism theme- like 'God in a Bowel'

Yuk! How does one worship a God in a Bowel?
Hmm....on second thoughts, don't answer that!
Ralph

Ralph said:
ZamorianBlade said:
It would be a great oppurtunity for the Civilisation V Barbarism theme- like 'God in a Bowel'

Yuk! How does one worship a God in a Bowel?
Hmm....on second thoughts, don't answer that!
Ralph

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I didn't catch that first time around.

And if that doesn't bring an ugly picture to mind....

I was actually looking at That adventure since I have almost all of the WHFRP books. Some minor things need to be changed (the 3-legged goblin for instance), but the only thing that I feel is real important to the story is the plot hook for being there. Since Shadows over Bogenhafen is a continuation of Mistaken Identity, are the PCs going there to find the fake inheritance? I just imagine a COnan-type character getting real frustrated with the legal wranglings and beheading a snooty lawyer.

Yep... S.o.B would fit in very well.
You'd have to change some minor things.
I don't imagine there are Coach lines, Canal boats, blackpowder guns, or goblins (3-legged ones at that) in Hyboria. All very minor things to change. There is a zombie and a couple of Chaos Beast Men that have to be converted. But otherwise it should be smooth sailing (GM-wise, not player-wise).

I've run S.o.B. 3 times over the years. Wonderful adventure with a dark oppressive mood.

PC hook-

The intro for PCs in the original was always weak- They had a letter to collect an inheritance at a Solicitors office- When they arrive in Bogenhafen they discover no Solicitor exists and the trail runs cold- Then they are sucked into the adventure while strolling around the fair-
-Perfect for a group of hyborian adventurers

urdinaran said:
I just imagine a COnan-type character getting real frustrated with the legal wranglings and beheading a snooty lawyer.

That sounds just like us when "Conrad Joe" ran us through that adventure. We broke into the magistrate's house at night, killed him and burned the place down, just from shear blockheaded frustration.

As my current Conan PC "Bloody Turpin" says "There's nothing more important than spite."

Back